Is this the upcoming Canon EOS M50?
Rumor: First pictures and specs of Canon’s upcoming EOS M50 leaked
Rumor site Nokishita is at it again, and this time they’ve uncovered specifications for what looks to be a new mirrorless camera from Canon – the EOS M50. This looks to follow the design of the EOS M5 quite closely, though it seems the camera will gain a new type of RAW format – CR3 RAW. This new format is supposed to provide 40% better compression than the previous format.
Here are the rest of the specs:
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- DIGIC 8
- 4K video recording
- ISO range 100-25,600 (expandable to 51,200)
- Burst shooting of up to 10fps (7.4 fps with servo AF activated)
- 2.36 mil dot organic EL EVF
- 3” 1.04 mil dot variable angle touch panel
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC support
- Estimated international availability -27th February
Nokishita also reports on a new 470EX-AI speedlight, but other than a picture of the flash, no other information is provided. The launch date seems to coincide with next week’s CP+ though, so it does seem possible that we’ll get more news then.