Symbian Anna Set to Meet Fans in Singapore
Symbian Anna available for download this September
SINGAPORE - Symbian Anna is available for download from 2nd September 2011 onwards.
Symbian Anna significantly enhances the user experience on the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01, and Nokia E7. A new user interface, virtual QWERTY keypad in portrait mode, enhanced Nokia Maps, better web browsing and stronger security are just a few of the improvements that people will be able to enjoy. Symbian Anna can be downloaded using the latest version of Ovi Suite (version 3.1.1) on a PC or over-the-air directly to your smartphone.
Key Features with Symbian Anna:
- User interface: Symbian Anna brings a fresh new look and feel to the Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01, and Nokia E7 with crisp icons and multiple usability enhancements. Typing on the virtual QWERTY keypad is now available in portrait mode.
- Maps and navigation: Symbian Anna enhances Nokia Maps with better search functionality, new public transportation routes and the ability to check-in to favorite geo-social network sites like Facebook, Foursquare and Twitter
- Browsing: A faster, easier-to-use browser, delivering quicker page loads and improved device navigation allowing people to connect more easily to their favorite sites on the go.
- Better for business: Symbian Anna brings true business-grade security with improved data encryption on Nokia smartphones. Business users with a Nokia N8, Nokia C7, Nokia C6-01 or Nokia E7 can now easily and securely access their company intranet with IPSEC and SSL VPN enablers.
- Near Field Communications (NFC): The Symbian Anna software update also activates the NFC hardware in the Nokia C7, so people can now simply tap their Nokia C7s together to share contacts, photos, videos and play games; easily pair with NFC-enabled accessories from Nokia and others; and read NFC tags to check-in and more
Symbian Anna software update in Singapore will be available for download via www.nokia.com.sg/anna. Symbian users are advised to check the website from 2 September 2011 for upgrade user guide and local variant availability.