New Firmware for Olympus PEN E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1 Released
Olympus Imaging Corporation today announced the release of new firmware for the PEN E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1. The new firmware provides improved auto-focus performance in the three PEN cameras, both for still images and movie shooting.
Additionally, it brings increased flexibility in displaying the menu and recorded image on the LCD when paired with the electric viewfinder VF-21. The new firmware will be available on Olympus websites on April 22, 2010.
Improvements brought by the new firmware
- Faster auto-focusing speed in still image shooting with the Olympus PEN E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1.
- Enhanced auto-focus tracking functionality in C-AF (Continuous Auto-focusing) in movie shooting with Olympus PEN E-P1, E-P2 and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.62.or M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6.3,4
- Flexibility to display the menu and recorded image on the LCD when the VF-2 electronic viewfinder is attached to the PEN E-P2 or E-PL1.
*1 The VF-2 is attachable only on the E-P2 or E-PL1.
*2 The lens is to be launched on April 23, 2010
*3 The lens is to be launched at the end of May 2010.
*4 The E-PL1 does not need this firmware upgrade for high tracking functionality in C-AF of movie shooting.
- New firmware will be released on Olympus websites on April 22, 2010 at 11:00 AM (Tokyo time) (concurrently, April 22, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Singapore time).
- The new firmware and updating process is designed for the Olympus PEN E-P1, E-P2 and EPL1. Please visit Olympus websites on/after the date of the release to update your PEN camera.
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 9-18mm f4.0-5.6 and M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-150mm f4.0-5.6 are our first two “MSC (Movie & Still Compatible)” lenses, which achieve the fast and silent autofocus in still and movie shooting.
- New release candidates version of Adobe Systems' Lightroom and Adobe® Photoshop® Camera Raw 5.7 plug-in now supports Olympus PEN Series- E-P1, E-P2 and E-PL1.
For more information on the Camera Raw plug-in please visit: