Leaked: Four more new phones from Huawei and Xiaomi in the coming months
Expect to see at least four new phones from Huawei and Xiaomi in the coming months
If you think you have seen enough of new phone launches this year, be prepared for more coming your way in the next few months.
According to a leaked product roadmap published by Chinese site Mobile-Dad, both Huawei and Xiaomi are slated to launch at least four new smartphones starting from next week. Huawei is expected to announce the Ascend D8 next Friday, 15 May which comes with a 5.5-inch WQHD display and a metallic chassis. Here's the list of upcoming phones, their reported specs and stated launch dates:
- 15 June - Ascend Mate 8 sporting a 6-inch WQHD display and a 16-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization (OIS)
- 15 June - Mi 4s running on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 (MSM8994) processor and a 13-megapixel rear camera with OIS
- 15 July - Two Honor models with metal designs, one with a 5.5-inch FHD display and the other with a 5-inch HD display.
- 15 July - Two Redmi Note 2 models (Note 2 with 5.5-inch HD display, Snapdragon 410 processor, and a Note 2 Pro with FHD display and Snapdragon 615 processor)
- 15 August - Huawei Honor 7 and Ascend P9; the former comes with a 5.5-inch HD display and dual 13-megapixel cameras, and the latter having a 5.2-inch display and a 16-megapixel camera with OIS
- 15 December - Another Honor model with 5-inch FHD display
It is important to note that this product roadmap could only be for the Chinese market and some models may not be available worldwide. However, it is highly likely to see at least the Ascend Mate 8 and Redmi Note 2 models making to our shores.