Kingston Releases HyperX 3K SSD
Kingston Releases HyperX 3K SSD
Kingston launches its HyperX 3K SSD.
Powered by the SandForce SF-2281 processor, the HyperX 3K SSD enables loading of games and applications faster, improving game experience and allowing for quick transferring of large media files. Capable of sequential read/write throughputs of 555/510MB/s and max random R/W IOPS of 85k/74k, it features the SandForce DuraClass technology to lengthen life span and durability under the most intensive conditions.
The HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and comes in capacities of 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB. It is available as a stand-alone drive or bundled in an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick.
Read on for the full press release.
HSINCHU, Taiwan – Kingston today announced the HyperX 3K SSD, a high-performance, lower priced solid-state drive enabling users to experience ultra-responsive gaming, multitasking and multimedia computing power. Powered by the second-generation SandForce SF-2281 processor and based on SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD is the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for budget-minded gamers, enthusiasts, multitaskers, overclockers and system builders.
HyperX 3K SSD loads games and applications faster, increases frames-per-second for an improved gaming experience and allows for quick transfers and edits of large media files. It has incredible sequential read/write throughputs of 555/510MB/s and max random R/W IOPS of 85k/74k. HyperX 3K SSD features SandForce DuraClass technology to provide best in class endurance, and to maximize life span and durability under the most intensive environments.
Shipping in 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB capacities, HyperX 3K SSD comes in a sleek black and aluminum case design, accentuating the look of any power user’s system. It is available as either a stand-alone drive or in an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. HyperX 3K SSD is backed by a three-year warranty and free technical support.
A video of the HyperX 3K SSD can be found here.
Kingston HyperX 3K SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form Factor: 2.5"
- Controller: SandForce SF-2281
- Components: MLC NAND (3k P/E Cycles)
- Interface: SATA Rev 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Sequential Read/Write (SATA Rev. 3.0):
90GB – 555/510MB/s
120GB – 555/510MB/s
240GB – 555/510MB/s
480GB – 540/450MB/s
- Sustained 4KB Random Read/Write:
90GB – 20,000/50,000 IOPS
120GB – 20,000/60,000 IOPS
240GB – 40,000/57,000 IOPS
480GB – 60,000/45,000 IOPS
- Max 4KB Random Read/Write:
90GB – 85,000/74,000 IOPS
120GB – 85,000/73,000 IOPS
240GB – 86,000/60,000 IOPS
480GB – 75,000/48,000 IOPS
- Dimension: 69.85mm x 100mm x 9.5mm
- Supports S.M.A.R.T., TRIM and Garbage Collection
- Shock Resistance: 1500G
- Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Temperatures: 0°C to 70°C
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score: 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB: 60,000
- Power Consumption: 0.455 W (TYP) Idle / 1.58 W (TYP) Read / 2.11 W (TYP) Write
- Warranty/Support: Three-year warranty with free technical support