Is this the Canon EOS 6D Mark II?
Is this the 6D Mark II?
We’ve been tracking the rumors about the Canon EOS 6D Mark II for a while, but nothing was very conclusive, with just a photoshopped Canon EOS 6D and very little else to see. Nokishita has just released a full list of specs for this camera though, and it apparently comes from an “overseas” source.
Here’s what he got:
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Specifications (Google Translated)
- Number of effective pixels: 26.2 million pixels (total number of pixels: 27.1 million pixels)
- Image processor: DIGIC 7
- Autofocus: 45 points AF – All Crosstype
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- 7560 pixels RGB + IR metering sensor
- Viewfinder: roughly 98% coverage
- Viewfinder magnification: 0.71x
- Rear display: 3.0” 10.4 million dot LCD panel with touch
- Continuous shooting: Up to 6.5 fps (up to about 4 fps when servo AF is set for Live View shooting)
- Standard ISO: 100 – 40000 (extended ISO: 50 [L], 51200 [H 1], 102400 [H 2])
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 seconds
- Sync Speed 1/180s
- Video: Full HD 60p, HD 60p
- 5-Axis Electronic Image Stabilization
- 4K Time lapse movie
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS
- Electronic level
- Battery: LP-E6N / LP-E6
- Number of pictures per charge: Approx. 1200 pictures (when viewfinder shooting)
- Media: SD / SDHC / SDXC card (UHS-I card compatible)
- Size: 144.0 x 110.5 x 74.8 mm
- Weight: 685 g (body only), 765 g (including battery and SD card)
- Kit lens: “EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM”, “EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM”, “EF 24-105mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM”
It certainly looks like a worthy upgrade to us (pending price of course), but we wonder if Canon will really cap video output at Full HD when the camera is obviously capable of 4K video. Stay tuned and we'll bring you more updates as soon as we get them!