Here's how much AMD's X570 motherboards cost in Singapore (Updated)
Here's how much AMD's X570 motherboards cost in Singapore
Updated on 15 July 2019: Added updated prices for ASUS motherboards.
Originally published on 9 July 2019:
AMD's Ryzen 3000 processors stormed onto shelves on 7 July to a stream of largely positive reviews. They're hardly perfect, but the consensus seems to be that they offer great performance and bang for your buck, especially when compared to the Intel Core i9-9900K. But to make the most of Ryzen 3000, you'll also need an X570 motherboard, which supports PCIe 4.0.
However, while the Ryzen 3000 chips may excel in terms of performance-per-dollar, the X570 motherboards will still cost you a fair amount. In June, MSI CEO Charles Chiang talked about how X570 would be priced higher, due in large part to the inclusion of PCIe 4.0. The X570 chipset also draws more power, so board makers have also taken to implementing active cooling solutions, which further adds to the cost. Finally, X570 also sees the introduction of new and higher-end models that echo AMD's ambitions to conquer the high-end CPU market.
Chips like the 12-core Ryzen 9 3900X are really fast, so why not offer a slate of premium motherboards as well?
Having said that, we've rounded up a list of the X570 motherboards you can buy here and their local prices:
- X570 Taichi - S$499
- X570 Steel Legend - S$369
- ROG Crosshair VIII Formula - S$862
- ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) - S$722
- ROG Strix X570-E Gaming - S$579
- ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - S$469
- TUF Gaming X570-Plus - S$349
- TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) - S$362
- Pro WS X570-Ace - S$490
- Prime X570-Pro/CSM - S$439
- Prime X570-P/CSM - S$313
- X570 Aorus Xtreme - S$965
- X570 Aorus Master - S$535
- X570 Aorus Pro WiFi - S$420
- X570i Aorus Pro WiFi - S$349
- X570 Gaming X - S$295
- MEG X570 Godlike - S$1,269
- Prestige X570 Creation - S$825
- MEG X570 Ace - S$529
- MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WiFi - S$429
- MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi - S$385
- X570-A Pro - S$299
For motherboard and processor bundle prices from stores, you can refer to our price lists here.
It's worth mentioning again that AMD's 400-series motherboards will also work with Ryzen 3000, so you don't necessarily have to shell out for one of these to enjoy Ryzen 3000.