Huawei P50 Pro video unboxing: Coming to Singapore Jan 2022 with Snapdragon 888, EMUI
Huawei P50 Pro
Note: This feature was first published on 2 December 2021.
Huawei has pretty much confirmed that the P50 Series of devices will come to Singapore with a target launch date in “early January 2022”. While the exact date and pricing hasn’t been shared with us, Huawei is confident enough about this development to send us a P50 Pro unit to play around with till the actual retail units are available. You can check out Zach’s live-streamed unboxing below:
Now, we say ‘play around with’ because the P50 Pro we have isn’t the P50 Pro that will be sold in Singapore. The unit we have is a local Chinese model that runs on Huawei’s Kirin 9000 chipset with HarmonyOS 2.0. From what we’ve been told, the International units that will be sold in Singapore will feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 and EMUI 12 instead. As reported back in July though, it will be a 4G version of the SD888.
While many existing Huawei devices have been announced to receive HarmonyOS support, it would seem that the global rollout isn’t exactly ready yet, so even the P50 Pro will initially run on EMUI first when it’s launched here.
Regardless of EMUI or HarmonyOS though, the P50 Series, like all current Huawei devices, are still Android-based devices with Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) and AppGallery. They will not carry Google Mobile Services (GMS) or the Play Store.
The P50 Series was announced for the Chinese market back in July. Here’s a quick recap of the P50 Pro features that should remain the same regardless of model. As usual, the standout feature of a P-series device is its camera, and the P50 Pro has already gotten top scores in DXO Mark.
- 6.6-inch 3D curved OLED display, 120Hz, 2,700 x 1,228 pixel resolution, 450 ppi
- 13MP punchole selfie camera (f/2.4)
- Rear Camera system
- 50MP True-Chroma (RGB, 23mm, f/1.8, OIS)
- 40MP True-Chroma (Mono, 26mm, f/1.6)
- 13MP Ultra-Wide Angle (13mm, f/2.2)
- 64MP Periscope Telephoto (90mm, 3.5x optical, f/3.5 aperture, OIS)
- Laser focus sensor
- 10-channel multi-spectrum sensor
- 4,360mAh battery
- Huawei SuperCharge, 66W (wired), 50W (wireless)
- IP68 resistance
- Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC
- 158.8 mm (H) x 72.8 mm (W) x 8.5 mm (D)