ZTE Unveils First ICS Phone with Intel Processor
ZTE unveiled its latest smartphone, the Grand X IN at IFA 2012 which is the first Android 4.0 device to be powered by an Intel Medfield processor. Here's a quick look at its specs:
- Intel Atom Z2460 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4.3-inch display with a resolution of 960 x 540 pixels
- 8-megapixel rear camera with single LED flash
- 0.3-megapixel front camera
- Android 4.0.4 with ZTE's custom user interface
- 4 or 16GB ROM
- microSD card support up to 32GB
- 1,650mAh battery
The first Intel Atom smartphone based on the Android operating system is the Lenovo K800, which made its debut at CES 2012. However, the Lenovo K800 is likely to remain exclusive to the Chinese market. For now, it seems that the ZTE Grand X IN will only be available in Europe starting in September.
Motorola and Intel are expected to launch a Medfield-powered Android phone at an event on 18th September. Consumers can also expect Intel-powered tablets from Motorola in the coming months.