x.o.ware Launches Network Security Products
x.o.ware introduced the ExoNetwork and ExoKey.
The ExoNetwork not only protects a local network from unauthorized access, but also extends security to users accessing the Internet, even over less secure public networks. The ExoKey is a USB device which provides encrypted remote access to everything connected to the ExoNetwork.
x.o.ware will demonstrate these two products in booth #2720 at the RSA conference starting Feb 27 to Mar 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Read on for the full press release.
SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - x.o.ware, Inc. today introduced the ExoNetwork, a secure exoskeleton for small networks that not only protects a local network from unauthorized access, but also extends security to anywhere users access the Internet, even over unsecure public networks. Additionally, the company introduced the ExoKey, a USB appliance that provides encrypted remote access to everything connected to the ExoNetwork, even if accessing it from an insecure location, such as a coffee shop hotspot. x.o.ware will be demonstrating these two products in booth #2720 at the RSA conference taking place February 27 - March 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
While people get more comfortable storing data in the cloud, they are hesitant to pay subscription fees and hesitant to use a third party for their personal data. The ExoNetwork is a small, sleek device that creates a personal cloud that is easy to set up and maintain, and provides the owner with complete control and 100 percent secure access from any unencrypted wireless network, using the Virtual Private ExoNetwork server (VPEx) that is integrated into the ExoNetwork. Unlike other solutions where users connect network storage devices and must learn a complex procedure for configuring their router and VPN, storage attached to the ExoNetwork is automatically and securely accessible from the ExoNetwork.
The ExoNetwork features:
- The only simple way to securely access the Internet from unsecure wireless networks, using the VPEx server that implements two-factor security with a unique 256-bit key for each user.
- Hardware-based encryption processor for fast, 256-bit AES encryption.
- Incredibly easy to configure virtual private network.
- Integrated network storage with seamless security.
- High performance dual WAN interfaces.
The ExoKey features:
- An encryption processor that can store encryption keys and perform encryption in hardware.
- The ability to perform all of the encryption in real time, unlike most USB security devices which merely store keys. This feature ensures keys are never exposed to malware and performance is not impacted by the encryption/decryption that is normally done in software on the host computer.
- Registration with one or more VPEx servers so that it can be used in any computer without having to register each computer with the server.
- Portability to secure remote access and leaves no trace of encrypted sessions on the remote computers.
- A socket for a microSD card which can store encrypted user data, using keys that are never accessible to anything other than its on-board processor, which means the data on the SD card would be secure, even if lost or stolen.
The ExoKey can also be used by network administrators to not only encrypt traffic to and from their network, but also to control access to the network. The VPEx server in the ExoNetwork can be configured to only grant access to devices using an ExoKey, ensuring that only registered users can traverse the network.