Trendnet Unveils Its First AC1200 Wireless Adapter with USB 3.0 Port
Trendnet unveiled the TEW-805UB recently at the CES 2013 tradeshow currently taking place in Vegas.
Besides being the company's first AC1200 dual-band wireless adapter, the TEW-805UB is understandably the first wireless adapter in the market which features an integrated USB 3.0 port as well. The dual-band adapter can also connect to two different wireless networks - a wireless 802.11ac network for faster wireless transmissions, and a wireless 802.11n network with common wireless N routers.
The TEW-805UB supports wireless AC speeds of up to 867 Mbps, and wireless N speeds of up to 300 Mbps. This adapter can also connect to older wireless G networks for those who are still using 802.11g legacy routers. An intuitive installation process takes less than five minutes to set up, while a convenient adapter utility stores multiple network passwords and helps to prioritize network connections. Trendnet's TEW-805UB is expected to arrive in April 2013, at a recommended retail price of US$69.99.
- Wireless: Next generation Wireless AC
- USB: SuperSpeed 5 Gbps USB 3.0 port
- Dual Band: 867 Mbps Wireless AC or 300 Mbps Wireless N
- Whole Home Coverage: Whole home wireless coverage
- One Touch Connection: Connect to the router at the touch of the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button
- Form Factor: Compact Wireless AC adapter