Toshiba to Launch Portege Z10t Business Hybrid Ultrabook on 6 June
On 6 June, Toshiba will be launching the Toshiba Portege Z10t, an 11.6-inch hybrid Ultrabook with a detachable 10-point multi-touch, full HD display. Like the Samsung Ativ Pro, and the recently launched Microsoft Surface Pro, the Z10t's 1920 x 1080p display contains all of the machine's components.
When removed from the bundled keyboard dock, it becomes a powerful tablet that runs Windows 8 Pro. This allows users to leave the 550 gram keyboard dock behind if they don't need it. To get more serious work done, users just need to put it back on the keyboard dock and Z10t will have the usual notebook clamshell form-factor that's great for typing.
However, unlike the Samsung Ativ Pro or most other hybrid PCs and tablets, what makes the Portege Z10t suitable for the enterprise environment, is its robust set of security features. The Z10t has a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for enhanced security, and Intel vPro technology that allows IT departments to monitor and maintain the Z10t remotely.
Toshiba's rationale for creating this product is that the Z10t eliminates the need for business users to carry both a notebook and a tablet at the same time.
“Tablets have become increasingly popular among business users and we now see many professionals carrying around two devices: a laptop PC and a tablet,” said Ms Wong Wai Meng, Senior Manager of Product Marketing at Toshiba Singapore Pte Ltd, Digital Products & Services Group. “With the Portégé Z10t, we have created a solution that is designed to merge convenience with usability and to fulfil all professional computing needs in one single device. Whether people use the device in tablet or in laptop mode, they can always rely of the full performance offered by the Ultrabook’s™ technology.”
Besides having a touch sensitive display, the Toshiba Portege Z10t also has digitizer pen support. Unfortunately, the digitizer pen is optional, which means it's an additional cost if you want it. However, it would be a good idea to fork out for one because it gives users better input accuracy as well as the ability to add handwritten notes.
The Toshiba Portege Z10t comes with a 1 or 3 year international limited warranty (parts and labor). For users who need more comprehensive coverage, they can always expand on their service plans with Toshiba’s SelectServ Program.
Key Specifications of the Toshiba Portege Z10t hybrid Ultrabook:
- Display: 11.6-inch full HD multi-touch
- Processor: Intel CULV processor for Ultrabooks or Intel Celeron 847 Processor
- Storage: 128GB or 256GB SSD
- Connectivity: WiFi b/g/n or a/g/b/n, Bluetooth 4.0, optional Intel Wireless Display
- Ports: (Tablet) 1x USB3.0, micro-HDMI, card reader, HP/Mic Combo (Keyboard Dock) 1x USB2.0, HDMI, VGA, RG45
- Business utility tools: Trusted Platform Module (TPM v1.2), Intel Active Management Technology, Intel Anti-Theft, Toshiba Eco Utility Software
- Color: Steel grey metallic
- Dimensions and weight: 299 x 220.5 x 16.9(front)/ 19.9(back) mm
- Weight: 850g (Tablet only), 1.4kg (with Keyboard Dock)
- Windows 8 Pro or Windows 8
- Price: Starts at $1999