Sony Ericsson Updates Xperia X10 Series to Android 2.1
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 smartphone now comes with a variety of new features in a software update that promises an enhanced and unique Sony Ericsson user experience.
On top of the Operating System upgrade to Android 2.1 (Éclair), all new Xperia™ X10 smartphones throughout Singapore will now offer enhanced video recording, user interface and Timescape functions. Existing users can upgrade their Xperia™ X10 smartphones at any of the selected Sony Ericsson customer service centres listed below.
The upgrade, with selected features, is also available on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini and mini pro smartphones.
The new features that are available on the Xperia™ X10 smartphones with the software update include:
- Larger home screen: The Xperia X10 now offers a five panel home screen instead of three, allowing for a 20 icon setup instead of the previous 16. Enjoy the flexibility of having space to organise your favourite applications, widgets, shortcuts and folders with ease.
- Continuous auto-focus & HD video recording: The continuous auto-focus function now comes enhanced with greater clarity and responsiveness for a best in class HD recording experience.
- Improved Timescape usability: Auto-scroll of social media updates and improved responsiveness enhance the Timescape user experience.
- Social Phonebook: Automatically syncing Facebook, Twitter and phone contacts with photos, the application shows when your friends are online and what they’re up to in one easy-to-use interface. (also available on Xperia X10 mini and mini pro)
- Enhanced user experience: New functionalities and a world of applications from the Android™ Market at your fingertips.(also available on Xperia X10 mini and mini pro)
- Preloaded apps (Singapore market only): A series of apps will be preloaded exclusively on all Singapore Xperiadevices to further enhance the communication and entertainment experience for users. These include ShowNearby™ for Sony Ericsson, TrackID™, Evernote and OfficeSuite viewer. (also available on Xperia X10 mini and mini pro)
The software update is available now on all Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro smartphones.
Existing users can update their devices at any of the following Sony Ericsson customer service centres. Do remember to backup all important data before upgrading your smartphone. You may call our customer service hotline at 6744 0733 for further enquiries.