Sony Ericsson Rebrands Accessories as Extra
Talk, Play, Listen and Go with the new Sony Ericsson Extras.
4 June, 2010 Asia Pacific – Divided into four simple categories, Talk, Play, Listen and Go, the new Sony Ericsson Extras now makes it even easier for consumers to understand how to add a new experience to enjoy their handset. Offering a total product experience and enhanced mobile possibilities, the four Sony Ericsson Extras categories will give clear information to consumers and help them make the right choice in store.
“As part of our Communication Entertainment strategy we have listened closely to consumers and their needs when developing our handsets and this ethos is no different in our accessories division.” Said Peter Ang, Vice President, Marketing, Asia Pacific region, Sony Ericsson. “We want consumers to experience their mobile phone to its highest potential and Sony Ericsson Extras will enable them to find the perfect accessory for their needs.”
The four new Sony Ericsson Extras categories:
- Talk: Freedom to talk wherever you are – chat away with products that include Bluetooth™ and wired headsets
- Play: Get more fun everyday – these accessories turn handsets into products that offer new experiences for those who love to play around with gadgets
- Listen: Easy superior audio solutions for the everyday – listen to favorite tunes or video clips anywhere with Bluetooth™ speakers, headphones and snap on speakers.
- Go: Solutions for any situation – transfer, charge or carry with these „essential accessoriesâ€Ÿ
For those who know they want to Talk, Sony Ericsson is also announcing two new headsets today to join the Bluetooth™ Noise Shield Handsfree VH700 in the GreenHeart™ family - the Bluetooth™ Headset VH410 and the Bluetooth™ Headset VH110. Both help improve consumersâ€Ÿ lifestyle experience with wireless freedom and are the first products to be launched under the Sony Ericsson Extras Talk category.
“The VH110 is ultra-affordable while the VH410 guarantees crystal-clear conversations and super simple call handling.” Ang continues. “Furthermore, we are continually working on more open platforms and Bluetooth™ is just one good example of how the Sony Ericsson Extras can be used with any Bluetooth™ device – not just Sony Ericsson handsets. Through Sony Ericsson Extras we want to make talking more enjoyable with more choice and more affordable options.”
Bluetooth™ Headset VH410 and Bluetooth™ Headset VH110
Say goodbye to tangles and hello to wireless freedom and a GreenHeart™ with the VH410 and VH110. They are both made from recycled plastics and finished with water-based paint. The headsets also come in environmentally friendly and smaller packaging to reduce waste.
Bluetooth™ Headset VH410
Chat more. Do more.
• Hear and be heard with noise cancellation
• Connect to two mobile phones at once and toggle between calls
• Answer and end calls with one simple touch
Bluetooth™ Headset VH110
Enjoy all-day wireless freedom
• Keep the conversation going on the move
• Talk in comfort with a choice of three earpieces
• Enjoy 10 hours of chat
The Bluetooth™ Headset VH410 and Bluetooth™ Headset VH110 will be available in stores from August, 2010.