Sony Ericsson Launches Xperia arc
- The first of a new generation of Xperia smartphones, Xperia arc is super-slim, measuring only 8.7mm at its thinnest part
- Xperia arc combines Sony's Mobile BRAVIA Engine and Exmor R technology on the Android platform version 2.3
- Features bright f/2.4 lens to aid capturing low-light photos and HD videos
Sony Ericsson today unveils the new Xperia arc smartphone with cutting edge Sony technology and an exceptional multimedia experience on the latest version of the Android platform - 2.3. Xperia arc is the first of a new generation of Xperia smartphones to be announced in 2011.
Bert Nordberg, President, Sony Ericsson said, “We’re starting strong in 2011 by introducing our most exciting Xperia product yet. Xperia arc combines state-of-the-art Sony technology with breathtaking design to entertain and wow consumers. All on the latest Android release.”
Xperia arc takes the stunning design language that Sony Ericsson has become known for to a new level. Super slim and light, Xperia arc is just 8.7mm at its thinnest part and has a extra wide 4.2-inch multi-touch screen. Created from premium materials and with a stunning arc body, this smartphone is sleek, strong and designed to fit perfectly in the user’s hand. The best of Sony technology is inside Xperia arc. The Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine delivers exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image which enhances the overall entertainment experience. Furthermore, Sony’s award-winning Exmor R for mobile sensor with the f/2.4 lens enables the capture of high quality, bright pictures and HD videos even in low light. All pictures and videos can be shared in HD on your living room TV via the built in HDMI-connector.
Xperia arc will launch on the latest version of the Android platform providing access to Google Mobile Services and the myriad of applications available on the Android market. Xperia smartphones add best in class entertainment on top of smartphone fundamentals such as apps, maps, email and fast Internet to create the most entertaining smartphone experience.
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc – Key features
- Slim, lightweight and strong, with perfect ergonomics
- Extra wide 4.2-inch multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences
- Sony Exmor R for mobile: for best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1 megapixel camera and HD video recording capability
- Android Market – thousands of applications to keep you entertained
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc will be available globally in selected markets, including Japan, from Q1 in the colours Midnight Blue and Misty Silver.