Samsung Unveils New Mobile Computers And Printers
Singapore, 19 July 2010 – Samsung Electronics today announced its latest lineup of mobile computers and printing devices with the introduction of six mobile PC, and eight laser printers, designed to enhance user convenience with improvements that simplify daily tasks.
“The launch of these new mobile PC models will help Samsung extend our portfolio and maintain the growth momentum we have achieved. To drive further success within this category, we are introducing premium design 13-inch notebooks in the form of the Samsung Q330, as well as launching business notebooks at the end of the year to expand our notebook line-up. We are confident that this will propel our growth and market share in the notebook segment,” said Mr. Moon Sung-Hyun, Managing Director, Samsung Asia Pte Ltd.
According to GfK, Samsung clinched the number two market position in the netbook category in June 2010 with 21 per cent market share in units. Taking consumer needs from mobile computing into consideration, Samsung has introduced unique features for a heightened mobile experience. The premium Samsung Q330 is equipped with a hybrid graphics feature which automatically alternates graphic modes between internal and external graphic cards when accessing different graphic content, saving power consumption for an extended battery life. The Samsung R Series R440i and R440e are equipped with Intel Turbo Boost Technology which automatically speeds up users’ processor for added performance. The new Samsung N Series N230 and N150 Plus features an innovative Sleep Mode function to ensure that data is saved to the hard drive so users never have to worry about data loss even if the netbook shuts down unexpectedly. The N230 and N150 Plus also come with a Fast Start function which allows users to start working within three seconds from the Sleep Mode.
“We have achieved strong market leadership in the overall A4 laser printer category and we intend to continue growing by developing cutting-edge technologies to provide users with an exceptional printing experience such as wireless connectivity and new generation, eco-friendly polymerised toners for higher quality prints. We believe the continued efforts to develop these novel features will further differentiate us and strengthen our leadership position,” said Mr. Moon.
According to IDC Singapore market figures, Samsung has achieved number one market leadership in the overall A4 laser printer category with 35.6 per cent of addressable market share by volume in the first quarter of 2010. In addition, Samsung has also dominated the A4 colour laser printer segment with a lion’s share of 53.2 per cent in the A4 colour laser multifunction printer category, and 38.4 per cent share in A4 colour laser printer category by volume.
With increasing demand for greater efficiency and speed, Samsung has incorporated several key features aimed at offering users an intuitive printing experience. These include the One-Touch ‘Print Screen’ function that allows users to easily print on-screen content without the usual page format challenges encountered when using traditional printers. In addition, Samsung’s One-Touch Wi-Fi feature makes wireless connection quick and easy while the Digital Living Network Alliance connectivity feature provides users a seamless connection across other gadgets.
To reduce reprinting from poor quality images, Samsung colour laser printers incorporates polymerised toners which provide sharper and glossier prints. The polymerised toners also use 35 per cent less energy as compared to conventional toners.
Highlights of Samsung’s range of mobile computing and printing devices and solutions showcased include:
- Q330 premium notebook is designed for users who demand performance and mobility. The stylishly designed, ultra slim lightweight 13-inch notebook, weighing 1.96kg, with a battery life up to 5.5 hours for extended mobile usage is a perfect fit. The Q330 is available on 23 July at a recommended retail price of $1,699.
- R440i and R440e notebooks are targeted at users who are looking for a desktop replacement to access multimedia content on the go. In addition, the R440e is powered by ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD545v discrete graphics card to enable powerful graphics performance. The R440i is currently available in Peacock Red at a recommended retail price of $1,199. The R440e is currently available in Black and Light Pink at a recommended retail price of $1,299 and $1,399 respectively.
- N230 netbook is crafted for the mobile warrior who needs a portable netbook and is equipped with a battery life of up to 7 hours on a three-cell battery. The N230 also spots a razor thin 23.3mm profile, coupled with a featherweight of 1kg. It comes with the Fast Start function which allows users to start working within three seconds from the Sleep Mode to ensure efficiency for road warriors. The N230 is currently available at a recommended retail price of $699.
- N150 Plus netbook who are looking to maximise their mobile computing experience will be impressed by the Fast Start function which allows users to start working within three seconds from the Sleep Mode. The thin and light 1.26kg netbook, with a battery life of up to 10 hours, come in three new colours - Black, Red and Corby Pink. The N150 Plus is currently available at a recommended retail price of $599
Colour Laser Printer:
- CLP-325 and CLP-325W colour laser printers boast being the world’s smallest colour laser printers and are ideal for the home users. The CLP-325W comes with added wireless connectivity feature for easier integration with wireless environments. The CLP-325 and CLP-325W are currently available at a recommended retail price of $328 and $398 respectively.
- CLP-320N colour laser printer prints at a speed of 16 pages per minute (ppm) in monochrome and 4ppm in colour. The CLP-320N is also equipped with networking features designed for connectivity. The CLP-320N is currently available at a recommended retail price of $368.
Colour Laser Multifunction Printer:
- CLX-3185, CLX-3185N, CLX-3185FN and CLX-3185FW colour laser multifunction printers offer a combination of versatility, dependability and stylish design to meet the needs of home, SOHO and small-to-medium business users. It provides economic and convenient benefits to its users with the incorporation of Samsung’s One-Touch technology such as the One-Touch Eco Copy button which allows users to copy two pages into one page to avoid unnecessary wastage. In addition, it is the world’s smallest colour laser multifunction printer, giving targeted users the much needed savings in space. The CLX-3185 series offers print speeds of up to 16 ppm in monochrome and 4 ppm in colour. For additional productivity, the CLX-3185N / FN incorporate networking features while the CLX-3185FN is equipped with added enterprise features such as fax forward-to-server and an intuitive user interface for easier operation.
The CLX-3185 and CLX-3185FW are currently available at a recommended retail price of $548 and $888 respectively. The CLX-3185N and CLX-3185FN are available on the 27 August at a recommended retail price of $648 and $798 respectively.
Mono Laser Multifunction Printer:
- SCX-4623FW mono laser multifunction printer is ideal for home users or small businesses and incorporates Samsung’s unique One-Touch ‘Print Screen’ button which allows users to print what they see on their PC screen quickly and easily. It also comes with wireless connectivity feature for greater usability in a wireless environment. The SCX-4623FW is currently available at a recommended retail price of $498.