Samsung Introduces Revamped Smart Hub and S-Recommendation with Voice Interaction Feature on 2013 Smart TV Range
Panasonic is not the only at CES to showcase new TV software enhancements, Samsung too has some magic up its sleeve to share. For one, the Samsung Smart Hub has been revamped for easier accessibility, with apps and content spread over five simple panels:
- On TV: Shows channel that is currently playing as well as personalized suggestions based on consumer viewing habits
- Movies & TV Shows: Showcases a bird's eye view of movies and TV services and over-the-top content that are available from various content providers; content is recommended based on consumer's habits
- Photos, Videos & Music: Gives consumers a space for file/multimedia organization
- Social: Highlights user-created content from friends and family, popular videos from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and video call services
- Apps: Organizes downloaded Samsung Apps and recommendations
Samsung goes an extra step to include its new S-Recommendation technology that helps build a base of suggestions from your previous viewings and user ratings. To ensure that the results are accurate, S-Recommendation will be available across a myriad of relevant Samsung devices, including Samsung 2013 Smart TVs, Smart home theater and Smart Blu-ray players. Coupled with the enhanced Voice Interaction technology, users can give voice commands to ask the Smart TV to perform tasks (e.g., play first clip) or search for specific shows. Searches aggregate relevant results from all available on-air, on-demand or app services.
If you happen to have an older 2012 Samsung Smart TV, don't fret - you can reap the benefits of these new features by simply attaching the Evolution Kit to your TV.