RIM Introduces BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, A Mobile Device Management Solution for Enterprise Customers in Singapore
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, RIM’s next-generation mobile device management (MDM) solution is now available for enterprise customers in Singapore. Built on the foundation that has established BlackBerry Enterprise Server as the gold standard for government and businesses, BlackBerry Mobile Fusion delivers a cost-efficient, secure, reliable and scalable solution that consolidates the management of smartphones and tablets running BlackBerry OS (including support for BlackBerry PlayBook and future BlackBerry 10 devices) as well as Android and iOS*, and provides a single, unified, web-based console for easily managing all devices. For now at least - RIM has mentioned that they are possibly looking into providing the same service for the Windows Phone platform; sadly, Symbian devices will not be getting the same treatment.
“For businesses and government, managing a mix of mobile devices on any scale is chaotic. Organizations face pressure to allow employees to bring their own devices into the workplace, and they are looking to RIM as the global leader in the enterprise mobility space to solve that problem,” said Charles Dufourcq, Director for Singapore at Research In Motion.
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion integrates the market-leading features and security architecture of BlackBerry Enterprise Server (version 5.0.3), providing advanced IT management and controls, a single outbound security connection (256-bit AES encrypted “BlackBerry VPN”), enforceable IT policies, support for BlackBerry Balance technology, and over-the-air app and software installation capabilities for the management of BlackBerry smartphones and PlayBook tablets (as well as future BlackBerry 10 devices).
In addition to providing unmatched functionality for BlackBerry devices, BlackBerry Mobile Fusion also provides comprehensive mobile device management capabilities for iOS and Android devices including:
• Support for multiple devices per user
• Application and software management
• Connectivity management (Wi-Fi, VPN, certificates)
• Centralized, easy to use, unified web-based console
• Security and policy definition and management
• Asset management
• Configuration management
• Security and protection for lost or stolen devices (remote lock, wipe)
• User- and group-based administration
• High scalability
BlackBerry Mobile Fusion software is available as a free download and is priced by the number of devices being managed. Client access licenses (CALs) are available for purchase from are available for purchase from local Wireless Operators or RIM System Integrators. In addition, RIM is offering a 60 day free trial, so customers can deploy apilot before purchasing a single CAL. The 60 day free trial is available at sg.blackberry.com/mobilefusion.
* iOS and Android devices require the Mobile Fusion Client app to enable the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion management services, which is available as a free download for iOS and Android devices from their respective app stores. Device security, manageability and controls vary according to the inherent capabilities of the individual device operating systems.