QNAP Releases Turbo NAS TS-x21 and TS-x20 Series for Home Users
QNAP has rolled out its Turbo NAS TS-x21 and TS-x20 series for home users and home offices. The new models in the TS-x21 series are equipped with 2.0GHz CPU, 1GB DDR3 RAM, and the TS-x20 series with 1.6GHz CPU, 512MB DDR3 RAM.
Running on the new Turbo NAS OS QTS 4.0, both series deliver superior performance for daily routines in file storage, sharing, and data backup, and serve as ideal media centers for storing and sharing huge multimedia files. The new QTS 4.0 integrates multi-window operations into the web-based user interface, adds cross-device file synchronization, several smart mobile apps, and more. What’s more, the QTS 4.0’s multi-window UI introduces users to an unprecedented NAS management experience. In addition, the multimedia applications and multi-tasking designs not only increase management efficiency but also transform home entertainment.
QTS 4.0 key features include:-
- Intelligent desktop: multi-window, quick Start menu, smart Dashboard, drag-and-drop icons, multiple desktops, personal wallpapers, and smart Toolbar with desktop preferences, online resources, quick search, event notifications, event notifications, external device and background tasks;
- File Station: supports photo thumbnails, photo setup with properties and privileges, moving files from local computers to File Station by drag-and-drop, recycle bin categorized by shared folders;
- Photo Station: provides a new user interface, customized virtual slideshow by dragging and dropping photos, auto-sorting photos in a timeline, and photo tagging, photos and videos backup with Smart Import;
- Music Station: provides new user interface and lyric editing;
- Media Library: supports file transcoding;
- HappyGet: as a third party application that supports backing up YouTube videos, Facebook photos, and Vimeo videos;
Surveillance Station Pro: provides new user interface, cross-browser support on PC with IE, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox;
- App Center: provides more than 80 install-on-demand apps to increase diverse applications on the Turbo NAS;
- myQNAPcloud.com: a new QNAP membership portal for managing registered Turbo NAS devices, accessing published NAS services, and quickly linking to start.qnap.com for online system setup without using a CD;
- Qsync utility: creates a specific “Qsync” folder for users to simply drop files into, and automatically synchronizes the files to all of the devices that are linked to the Turbo NAS, with multiple ways of file synchronization and group file sharing;
- QAirplay: supports browsing videos and photos stored on the Turbo NAS and playing on the TV via AirPlay-enabled devices;
- Qfile/Qfile HD: supports auto upload from photo gallery;
- Qmanager: supports remote setting for Wake on LAN and user permission for the Turbo NAS.