Parallels Business Solutions Offers Business Tools for a Mixed Windows, Mac, and iPad World
Parallels has announced Parallels Business Solutions, offering businesses the tools necessary to succeed in a mixed Windows and Mac world.
Parallels Business Solutions (which include updates to Parallels Management Suite and Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition, plus the just-released Parallels Access app for iPad) enables IT departments to simply maintain compliance and control while still embracing the technology employees need. IT professionals can protect their investments in Windows-based applications because now they can deliver them on Macs, leverage existing Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure and skills to fully manage Macs and virtual machines, and unleash productivity by giving employees the freedom to use any Mac or PC app remotely as if it was made for an iPad.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition helps businesses:
- Set an expiration date for a virtual machine – IT Administrators can now set up a virtual machine that stops functioning at a specific date, allowing them to limit access to corporate information to contractors or other temporary workers
- Headless mode – Configure a virtual machine to automatically start at host computer boot without the admin needing to log in to the computer and start the virtual machine
- Enhanced support for setting Parallels Desktop and virtual machine settings using command line tool
- Enhanced Mass Deployment tools and guide give IT administrators greater choice and control when deploying virtual machines
- Command Line Interface password protection – IT Administrators can now change or reset user passwords on virtual machines using the Command Line Interface
- Remote Password Reset for virtual machines – IT Administrators can now remotely reset a user password if they forget their Windows virtual machine credentials
- IT Administrators can now set a virtual machine to show the Windows lock screen and require a user name and password when resuming from Suspend
Parallels Management - Mac for Microsoft SCCM (2007/2012) v2 features include:
- Discover and inventory Macs on your network and enforce compliance to IT policy
- Deploy software and patches
- OS X image deployment thorough Microsoft SCCM 2007/2012
- Use Microsoft SCCM reports to view details about Windows PCs and Macs on your network
- Support for Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and SCCM 2012 R2
Parallels Access app for iPad features include:
- Parallels Access ‘applifies’ Windows and Mac applications, letting customers remotely access and experience them as if they were made for iPad. Tap, swipe, pinch and scroll any PC or Mac software application – even if they were not optimized for the iPad – and get more done on-the-go
- Low-bandwidth connections no longer have the power to stop productivity. Parallels Access holds the connection so customers can keep working with fewer interruptions to everything – including business applications, games, and even streaming video
Parallels Business Solutions new features are available beginning today. Volume licensing discounts are available for business of all sizes.
|Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition||US$100 per year per Mac|
|Parallels Management-Mac||US$30 per year per Mac|
|Parallels Access||US$64.98 per year per PC being accessed|