Parallels Access for iPad "Applifies" Mac and Windows Applications
Parallels has introduced the Parallels Access for iPad, which "applifies" Windows and Mac applications to allow customers to remotely access and experience them as if they were made for iPad. Now you can enjoy native iPad gestures even in applications not optimized for iPad. With Parallels Access, just tap right to what you need to get done, in any Windows or Mac application.
Developed by the makers of Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Access is now available for the iPad with full support for Macs, and Windows support is available as a free beta. Support of devices in addition to the iPad is in development.
Key features of Parallels Access:-
- App Launcher: Start any desktop application, Windows or Mac, as if it were made for an iPad
- App Switcher: Switch between desktop applications with ease, literally going from app-to- app in a tap
- iPad native select and drag: Select words and graphics with one finger, on Mac or Windows applications, then drag, drop and go
- iPad native copy and paste: Select and copy from your desktop and paste it anywhere – between iPad apps, or even from desktop to desktop
- SmartTap and magnifying glass: Tap with precision inside your desktop applications, so you never miss a thing
- iPad native scroll for desktop applications: It’s scrolling that just works
- Desktop keyboard on iPad: Shows up just when you need it, contains Windows and Command keys too
- Full screen for desktop applications: Maximize your screen real estate on the iPad, use every inch of your Retina display
- Unmatched access: Even with low bandwidth, Parallels Access makes it work
Parallels Access for iPad is initially available for purchase on the App Store as an annual subscription at US$79.99 for each computer being accessed. Each Mac or PC being accessed needs its own subscription. The Mac Agent is available immediately, and the PC Agent is currently in beta and is available at no charge during the beta period.