Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Now Supports Windows 8
If you’re looking for a comprehensive software toolset for hard drives, the Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 (available in Suite and Professional editions) is arguably one of the better offerings out there. The Suite edition targets home and home office users, and contains over 20 tools in one package, offering a full range of backup, recovery, partitioning, and migration solutions. The Professional edition sports several higher-end features, such as a GPT loader, and the abilities to do scripting, synthetic and cyclic backups, and defrag and compact an MFT.
When Windows 8 went on sale on October 26, Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 wasn’t compatible with the new OS. But this is no longer the case now as Paragon has just issued a major update to both the Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite and Professional editions.
Besides full Windows 8 support, some of the new and updated features include:
- Support for GPT/UEFI configurations to successfully clone, migrate, or restore a 64-bit Windows configured to the UEFI-based boot mode
- Enhanced physical-to-physical and physical-to-virtual functionality
- Boot Corrector allows the user to perform UEFI switch in order to define a bootable operating system in case of several OSs hosted on one UEFI machine
- Support for Storage Spaces
- Advanced Paragon Boot Media Builder (BMB) add-on:
- BMB is now compatible with the Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 8, allowing the user to build RCD based on Windows PE 4.0
- BMB creates a 64-Bit UEFI-compatible boot volume that can be written on a DVD, a USB flash drive or saved as an ISO-file for virtual environments
Hard Disk Manager 12 Suite is available for US$49.95, and Hard Disk Manager 12 Professional is available for US$99.95. Both can be bought and downloaded from Paragon's website. The just-announced update is available free of charge to existing Hard Disk Manager 12 customers at https://www.paragon-software.com/account/login.htm?from=my-account.