NVIDIA GPUs Power Latest Adobe Creative Cloud Enhancements for Video Professionals
NVIDIA has announced that its GPUs are powering the upcoming releases and new GPU-accelerated features of Adobe Creative Cloud video applications, such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe After Effects CC, SpeedGrade CC, Adobe Media Encoder (AME), and Adobe Anywhere. The upcoming releases were revealed by Adobe at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show.
NVIDIA's GPUs enable optimal performance across the widest range of Creative Cloud applications, whether working in HD or 4K, desktop or mobile, workstation or cloud. The latest version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC will add a considerable speed and efficiency bump to 4K workflows by enabling GPU debayering for real-time RED Camera media 4K playback on NVIDIA GPUs. Before this new GPU feature was added, Adobe Premiere Pro CC editors needed an additional dedicated RED ROCKET card. Fast GPU debayering is a boon for video editors, adding more choices for fluid video workflows while managing costs.
Additionally, the newest version of Adobe Premiere Pro CC offers new GPU-accelerated Mercury Playback Engine features for real-time playback, including Master Clip Effects to enable all changes to be applied to sub-clips, as well as Feathered Masking for automatic image tracking.
Other key NVIDIA GPU-driven benefits for video editors using Adobe Creative Cloud include:-
- NVIDIA GPU Optimisation for Mac: 30% speedier Adobe Premiere Pro CC performance as compared to an out-of-the-box configuration
- Adobe Anywhere: Remote streaming and Mercury Playback Engine benefit from GPU-acceleration and exclusive support for NVIDIA Tesla-based server solutions
- SpeedGrade CC: GPU acceleration throughout SpeedGrade CC, includes the Lumetri Deep Color Engine for seamless color grading workflows between SpeedGrade and Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Adobe After Effects CC: 3D ray tracing (based on NVIDIA’s OptiX application acceleration engine) provides ultra-fast interactive 3D motion graphics performance
- Adobe Media Encoder CC: Integrated GPU-accelerated Mercury Playback Engine speeds rendering tasks like scaling, pixel format conversions, and de-interlacing. It also speeds image processing output, such as watermarks and Lumetri “Looks.”