Nokia Rolling Out 808 PureView in May
As promised during its debut at Mobile World Congress 2012, Nokia will begin rolling out the 808 PureView in select markets in May. The first markets to begin selling the Nokia 808 PureView include Russia and India.
Here's a quick run down on the specs of the Nokia 808 PureView:
- Nokia Belle mobile operating system
- 4.0-inch ClearBlack AMOLED display with a resolution of 640 x 360 pixels
- 1.3GHz single-core processor
- 512MB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage capacity with microSD card support up to 48GB
- 41-megapixel camera sensor with Nokia PureView imaging technology and Carl Zeiss optics, Xenon flash, f/2.4 aperture lens and 1080p HD video recording
- 1,400 mAh battery
- 123.9 x 60.2 x 13.9 mm (17.95mm at camera)
Nokia stole the limelight from the other phone brands at Mobile World Congress 2012 with its PureView imaging technology, an in-house pixel over sampling technology developed by the company to be used in conjunction with the Carl Zeiss optics. You can find out more about PureView and the technicalities behind the technology in our article here.
We've reached out to Nokia Singapore on the availability of the PureView 808. Unfortunately, Nokia Singapore currently does not have any information on this. However, Nokia will announce the full list of countries and dates in the coming weeks and months.