Nikon D4 and D800 Officially Released
Nikon announced that the D4 and D800 can be purchased at selected Nikon authorized dealers starting today.
First mentioned here, the D800 features a whopping 36.3 megapixels and new EXPEED 3 image processing engine.
Also mentioned here, the D4 is equipped with a new Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 3.
||Specifications / Major Features
- 36.3 Megapixels
- ISO range of ISO 100 to 6400, expandable to ISO 50 to ISO 25600.
- Optical low-pass filter optimized for sharpness
- New image-processing engine EXPEED 3
- Newly developed 91K-pixel RGB sensor
- Approx. 921k-dot, 3.2-in. LCD monitor
- Dual card slots for a CF card and SD memory card
- High-speed data transfer with USB 3.0 supported
- Full HD video quality (1920 x 1080/30p)
- High-fidelity audio recording control
- New Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor
- Support for an incredibly wide range of sensitivities, from ISO 50 to ISO 204800
- New EXPEED 3 image-processing engine with superior, high-speed processing capabilities
- 91K-pixel RGB sensor for the more accurate
- Advanced Scene Recognition System
- Faster and more accurate AF with 51 focus points
- Multi-area Mode Full HD D-movie with three image area options
- Smooth workflow from initial setup to image transfer
- The new compact Wireless Transmitter WT-5 with simple connection to the camera (available separately)
- Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.3 for significantly faster processing