New Seagate NAS Storage Solution Features a 4TB Model
Seagate has announced the Seagate NAS HDD, a drive custom-built for always-on, one- to five-bay NAS systems. Engineered with performance and reliability in mind, the new drives are available in multiple capacity points including a 4TB option, and strong industry support from nine NAS system partners.
The drive now enables NAS systems, such as those utilized in homes and SMBs, to provide up to 20TB of data in a five-bay NAS array. And with over 30% capacity improvement over competitive offerings, the NAS HDD 4TB drive delivers the highest capacity available on the market.
Built to provide up to 10% performance advantage, over the competition for 24x7 NAS applications, the NAS HDD is engineered for performance in always on applications and can support multiple HD video streams and user profiles. The drive boasts near silent acoustics operating below the range of audible sound for the human ear with as low as 1.9 bels, providing optimized acoustics for the home or SMB environment. It also features Seagate’s NASWorks technology which improves drive reliability by supporting features that limit drive vibrations and support extended error recovery controls for better data integrity.
Seagate NAS HDDs are built and tested to provide industry-leading performance for small NAS systems. Key features of the NAS HDD include:
- Industry’s Highest Capacity NAS Drive — up to 4TB available, the NAS HDD offers a 30 percent capacity advantage over the competition.
- Best Performance for 1- to -5-bay NAS Systems — built and tested to provide industry-leading performance, NAS HDDs offer the industry’s highest throughput to deliver the performance demanded by NAS solutions.
- NASWorks — supports error correction via customized error recovery controls, power management and vibration tolerance for optimal performance and reliability in a 1- to 5-bay solution.
- Improved Vibration Tolerance — dual-plane balance supports the unique weighted motor design minimizing vibration that can be amplified in multi-drive systems improving the drive’s performance and system reliability.
- Advanced Power Management — supports multiple user-selectable power profiles that can optimize power usage for different workloads to minimize power consumption while maintaining high-availability performance.
- Quiet Drive Operation — enhances the end customer experience with near-silent acoustics for low-noise environments like living rooms or office spaces.