A New Razer Kraken is Forged
Razer already has three versions of their Kraken gaming headset on sale in the shape of the Kraken, Kraken Pro and the Kraken 7.1. And now they have introduced a new version of the Kraken in the form of the Razer Kraken Forged Edition.
The major changes for the new product are cosmetic. The Razer Kraken Forged Edition is hand assembled and features ear-cups machined from aircraft-grade aluminium. Plush leatherette ear cushions line the ear cups and the headband is fully adjustable. The gaming headset also sports a foldable design.
The Razer Kraken Forged Edition also includes a swappable cable with an in-line microphone. This gives users the versatility to easily convert it into a headset for gaming or make it suitable for use with smartphones.
Hardware specifications remain unchanged from previous models and the Razer Kraken Forged Edition comes armed with 40mm drivers to power out the sound. The Razer Kraken Forged Edition is priced at S$479. The technical specifications of the product can be found below.
· Drivers: 40 mm Neodymium Magnets
· Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
· Impedance: 32 Ω at 1 kHz
· Sensitivity @ 1 kHz: 100 dB ± 3 dB
· Input Power: 30 mW
· Approximate Weight: 390 g
· Frequency Response: 50 – 10,000 Hz
· Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 60 dB
· Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): -38 dB ± 3 dB
· Pick-up Pattern: Omni-directional
· Machined, aircraft-grade aluminum
· Custom-tuned 40 mm neodymium magnet drivers
· Comfortable, versatile form factor
· Closed ear cup design for optimal sound isolation
· Foldable ear cup design
· Hard carrying case for portability
· ¼-in. audio connector included
· Swappable cable system with included in-line microphone cable
· Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm or ¼-in. audio jack
· Audio + Microphone Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
(Compatible with Apple iPhone, HTC, BlackBerry. The Razer Kraken Forged works well with smart phones and laptops that come default with a 4 pin TRRS audio + mic combined jack. Razer cannot guarantee performance for use with third party splitter cables.)