Motorola Mobility Launches Motorola ATRIX in Singapore
The world’s most powerful smartphone packs the power and capabilities of a PC in your pocket through Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application
SINGAPORE - Motorola Mobility announced today the launch of Motorola ATRIX in Singapore. It will be available at all three local telecommunications operators – SingTel, StarHub and M1 – on June 10, 2011. Motorola ATRIX is a next generation smartphone powered by Android that allows you to carry the power of mobile computing in your pocket. The smartphone has been raved about since it was first unveiled in January at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2011), in Las Vegas, where it won CNET’s Best of CES ‘Best smartphone’ award.
Motorola’s revolutionary webtop application changes mobile computing forever by unleashing the power of the smartphone like never before. Designed to bring unprecedented computing to your smartphone, Motorola’s webtop application runs a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser and supports Adobe Flash Player to open up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web. Motorola ATRIX includes a dual core processor with each core running at 1 GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power. Put simply, Motorola ATRIX is the world’s most powerful smartphone, enabling you to enjoy a nonstop mobile life.
Motorola ATRIX is designed to become a user’s primary digital hub to create, edit and enjoy documents, media and content. This is facilitated by Motorola’s webtop application and by the optional Motorola HD Multimedia Dock and Motorola Lapdock that provide users with a larger screen, keyboard and trackpad enabling them to have an enhanced and more interactive computer-like experience with their device.
While in the webtop application users can run their Android applications in a window, browse their favorite websites with a full Firefox desktop browser, edit documents, send instant messages and make phone calls, all at the same time. Calls continue uninterrupted if Motorola ATRIX is removed from a dock. Users can surf the web, view social networks, and use HTML5 web-based applications and supported cloud computing services. Plus, the new Entertainment Center feature lets you show all of the photos, music and videos you already enjoy on-the-go on a big screen in your living room.
The Motorola ATRIX also provides consumers a great environment for easily working with corporate email, documents and media. While using the webtop application, business users with an existing Citrix account will benefit from the integrated Citrix Receiver application that provides secure, high performance access to virtual desktops as well as Windows, web and office applications hosted on Citrix XenDesktop. In addition, various web productivity applications are available on the full desktop web-browser.
Motorola ATRIX runs on Android 2.2 with access to more than 150,000 apps in Android Market.
Motorola is introducing two industry-leading companion docks for the Motorola ATRIX, both of which enable the full webtop experience:
• The Motorola HD Multimedia Dock has three USB ports and an HDMI port enabling connections to a keyboard, mouse, speakers and HDMI-compatible monitor for working at your desk or office, or to an HDMI-compatible television and home theater audio system for interacting with content and enjoying video, music, games and more.
• The Motorola Lapdock has an incredibly thin design with an 11.6 inch screen, full keyboard, track pad, stereo speakers, and 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to eight hours of battery life, and weighs just 1.1kg. Simply dock your Motorola ATRIX into the back of the Lapdock to turn it into an active, connected machine to experience true mobility at work, home and playing on-the-go in a form factor that’s lighter and smaller than most laptops on the market.
Key features and specifications of Motorola ATRIX:
• 1GHz dual-core processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones, rendering games and displaying HD video faster on big-screen TVs
• Full 1GB of RAM for twice the RAM of most smartphones to deliver effortless multitasking such as watching a movie while sending and receiving email
• The world’s first qHD display for a smartphone, offering high resolution and 24-bit colour, making it easier to read both indoors and outdoors
• Under 11mm thin with an extra large 1930mAh battery for extended talk time and use time
• Rear-facing camera with the ability to record in HD and front-facing camera
• Biometric fingerprint recognition for extra security
• Up to 48GB storage (16GB internal storage and optional 32GB MicroSD card) – enough to store thousands of songs, photos and movies
Pricing and availability
Motorola ATRIX will be available at all three local operators on June 10, 2011. The ATRIX bundled with the HD Multimedia Dock will be at a recommended retail price of SGD988 and the ATRIX bundled with the Lapdock will be at a recommended retail price of SGD1,288.