Motorola Launches QUENCH XT3 Handset Exclusively with M1
5 August, 2010, Singapore – Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in mobile communications, today announced the launch of the QUENCH XT3 in Singapore, exclusively with leading integrated communications service provider, M1. With a winning combination of power, usability and style, the QUENCH XT3 is designed to bring to you the power of Android and an easy and fun touch screen mobile Internet experience at a price you can’t resist.
“Many people in Singapore are interested in smartphones but haven’t yet made the leap to invest in one,” said Andrew Morley, Vice President of Marketing across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia and Asia at Motorola. “We launched the Motorola QUENCH XT3 to entice those people to take the plunge and experience the power and fun of Android-powered phones. It’s elegant, intuitive and accessible even to people who have never used a smartphone before.”
The slim and sleek QUENCH XT3 is just 12.6mm thin, a featherweight 114 grams, and fits naturally and easily into the palm of your hand with a comfortable soft-touch finish. You can navigate the phone with either the bright, high-resolution 3.2-inch capacitive touch screen, or with just one hand using a convenient trackball that keeps the screen finger-free for easy viewing.
Pinch-and-zoom features, 3.5G speed and WiFi connectivity help you surf the web effortlessly and ensure that you’re always connected with friends and colleagues. A 3MP camera with digital zoom and LED flash ensures great pictures and videos that can easily be uploaded to your favorite social network or photo sharing site.
The Motorola QUENCH XT3 supports the Android platform, a vast range of Google services, and access to more than 65,000 apps and widgets via Android Market. An expanded search function helps you to keep track of all your data on the phone, such as bookmarks, browsing history, contacts and more. It even helps you find data in applications, a useful feature in a phone with support for up to 32GB of storage and space for thousands of songs and dozens of hours of video.
“We are excited about the exclusive launch of the Motorola QUENCH XT3 in Singapore,” said P. Subramaniam, Chief Marketing Officer of M1. “It is a trendy device that supports excellent mobile Internet capabilities. Together with the attractive data bundle on our smartphone plans, it will offer our customers hours of fun staying connected on-the go. What’s more, we will be introducing more exclusive deals in the coming months to meet the lifestyle needs of different customer segments. ”
Motorola’s winning design and M1’s extensive voice and data communications services give the QUENCH XT3 a premium feel at a price that’s right for everyone. There’s never been a better time to make the leap to a sleek, trendy, full-featured, Android-powered smartphone.
Key Features Include:
• The Trackball allows you to browse through menus and web pages without obstructing your screen
• 3MP camera with LED flash
• Expanded search function makes you easier to find information online or within the device of keeping track of all your data on the phone, such as bookmarks, browsing history, contacts and more, and serve up Google web search results based on location1, or launch applications.
• Android Market has more than 65,000 apps and widgets, and there are opportunities for limitless customizations and enhancements to QUENCH XT3.
• Extras such as 3.5G and Wi-Fi access, aGPS and stereo Bluetooth make QUENCH XT3 a solid Android-powered device.
• Size : 116 x 56.8 x 12.6mm
• Android platform
• 3.2-inch HVGA screen, 320 x 480
• Capacitive pinch and zoom display
• Video : Capture / Playback/Streaming, H.263, H.264, Mpeg-4
• Stereo Bluetooth
• MP3 Player
• Internal Memory : 512 MB flash, 256MB RAM
• Memory card : In-box 2GB microSD card (max. up to 32GB)
• Support Chinese menu and input
The Android-powered QUENCH XT3 will be available for sale in Singapore on 7 August 2010 at a recommended retail price of S$468 or $148 with a two-year contract at all M1 Shop outlets and its authorized dealers. For more information on MOTOROLA QUENCH XT3, please hit this link.