Logitech Flashes 12,000dpi G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse
Logitech has unleashed its G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse that packs a whopping 12,000dpi sensor with advanced surface and weight tuning [Doesn't this remind you of the 11,400dpi Steelseries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse we reviewed on a few years back?]
Fused with Logitech's Delta Zero technology, the latest addition to the Logitech G mice family combines a broad DPI range of 200 up to 12,000 with zero sensor acceleration, zero smoothing or filtering, and zero pixel rounding.
Tracking movement at 300 inches per second, the Proteus Core lets you calibrate the sensor against each gaming surface's physical and reflective characteristics, reconfiguring itself for optimal performance. This means you can achieve peak tracking speed and minimal lift-off distance on whatever gaming surface you use.
In addition, the gaming mouse allows you to adjust its weight and center of balance through placement of up to five 3.6g weights in the mouse. For added control, simply use the Logitech Gaming Software to reassign any command or macro to one of the 11 programmable buttons, thanks to the 32-bit ARM processor controlling Proteus Core’s onboard memory.
Logitech utilized mechanical micro-switches under every key to further enhance feel, speed, and accuracy. Proteus Core has individual left and right keys that provide a rigid and stable platform, unlike most gaming mice these days that feature a monolithic key-plate that can flex and warp. This results in more precise and durable clicks. Its exclusive dual-mode hyper-fast scroll wheel has also been improved to offer better click-to-click precision and speedy scrolling for the web.
At a glance:-
- Surface tuning calibration: Tune the gaming sensor to work better on any surface
- Weight and balance customization: Add up to five 3.6g weights
- 11 programmable controls: Set up one-button triggers, put push-to-talk in easier reach, temporarily down-shift DPI for sniping, etc
- Improved dual-mode hyper-fast scroll wheel
- On-the-fly DPI shifting: Toggle between up to five DPI settings from 200dpi to 12,000dpi with three buttons within reach of your thumb
- 132 x 75 x 40mm
- 168g (mouse and cable) / 145g (mouse only) + Up to 18g of additional weight tuning
Backed by a three-year limited hardware warranty, the Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse is set to hit Singapore stores mid April 2014, for S$99.
Meanwhile, you can read more about the Steelseries Sensei Pro Grade Laser Mouse.
Images accredited to Logitech.