LG G2 Flagship Smartphone Features Controls on the Rear
LG has unveiled the G2, its latest flagship smartphone and the first introduced under LG's new "G" series for premium devices. Unlike smartphones in the present market that feature buttons on the side, the G2 places all of its main buttons on the back.
The design aims to give users more control and decrease phone drops while adjusting volume while talking. Pressing on the rear-mounted volume keys a little longer will launch the QuickMemo and the camera, which allows for more convenient note taking and photo capturing. Also, with KnockON, users simply power on the smartphone by tapping twice on the display, eliminating the need to lift the device to access the power button at the back.
Equipped with a 5.2-inch Full HD display, LG incorporated its Dual Routing technology to reduce the phone's bezel to a mere 2.65mm on the side edge. For more efficient energy usage, the smartphone utilizes the Graphic RAM (GRAM) technology, which decreases the display's energy use by up to 26% on a still frame and increases overall usage time on the device by approximately 10%.
The LG G2 also comes with features including:-
- Answer Me — Automatically answers the call after lowering the ringtone when the phone is raised to one’s ear.
- Plug & Pop — Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link — Allows information embedded in text messages to be selected and easily saved in a memo or calendar and searched on a map or the internet.
- QuickRemote — Not only can LG G2 be used to remotely control popular home entertainment devices, it can also learn from conventional remotes and be customized to operate multiple devices with flexible layouts and keys.
- Slide Aside — Enables easier multitasking by simply “sliding” open apps off to the side using a three-finger swipe.
- Guest Mode — Protects owner’s privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when guests access the phone with a secondary unlock pattern.
Specs at a glance:-
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 2.2GHz featuring quad Krait CPU
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD IPS
- Camera: Rear 13MP with OIS / Front-facing 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
Following the global launch event in NYC on 7th August, the LG G2 (in either Black or White) will be rolled out in over 130 wireless carriers in the next eight weeks beginning in South Korea, followed by North America, Europe and other key markets.