Kingston Ships High Performance V+200 SSD Upgrade Solution
Kingston adds on to its SSDNow range with the SSDNow V+200.
Featuring the SATA 3.0 6Gbps SandForce SD-2281 processor, the SSDNow V+200 enables fast system start-up, rapid data access, and speedy copying of large files such as videos, presentations, and graphics illustrations. Available in 60GB, 90GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities, these SSDs are the ideal upgrade solution for the business or home users who seek performance and value.
While still using the same popular SandForce controllers found on the more expensive HyperX SSD solutions, the V+200 SSD drives utilize asynchronous NAND memory as opposed to synchronous NAND on the premium HyperX SSD drives. Adding self-encrypting drive technology and the V+200 SSD is a more cost effective option for most performance seekers.
Read on for the full press release.
HSINCHU, Taiwan – Kingston today announced the latest addition to its SSDNow range, the SSDNow V+200.
The new Kingston SSDNow V+200 solid-state drives are the ideal high-performance upgrade solution for the performance minded yet cost-conscious business or home user.
The SSDNow V+200 features the second-generation high-speed SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) SandForce SF-2281 Processor and outstanding sequential read and write speeds of up to 535MB/s and 480MB/s. The SSDNow V+200 enables fast system start-up, rapid data access and speedy copying of large files such as videos, presentations and graphics illustrations.
The SSDNow V+200 is available in 60GB, 90GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities as either a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit to make installation easy and quick. Kits include cables, brackets, cloning software and HDD enclosure — everything the business or home user needs to get started.
A video of the new SSDNow V+200 can be found at http://youtu.be/K7DtjEac5rk.
Kingston SSDNow V+200 Features & Specifications:
- Dramatic Performance for Any System Upgrade
- Multiple Capacities: The right capacity to meet your storage standards
- Endurance: Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraClass Technology
- Dependable: RAISE for advanced data reliability
- Secure: Self-encrypting drive technology
- Durable: DuraWrite optimizes writes to extend endurance
- Form Factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s), SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s), SATA Rev. 1.0 (1.5Gb/s)
- Capacities: 60GB, 90GB, 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Sequential Reads: SATA Rev. 3.0: 535MB/s
- SATA Rev. 2.0: 280MB/s
- Sequential Writes: SATA Rev. 3.0: 60GB – 460MB/s; All Others – 480MB/s
- SATA Rev. 2.0: 260MB/s
- Sustained Random 4k Read/Write
- 60GB – 12,000/47,000 IOPS
- 90GB – 20,000/47,000 IOPS
- 120GB – 20,000/44,000 IOPS
- 240GB – 36,000/43,000 IOPS
- 480GB – 43,000/30,000 IOPS
- Max Random 4k Read/Write
- 60GB – 85,000/60,000 IOPS
- 90GB – 85,000/57,000 IOPS
- 120GB – 85,000/55,000 IOPS
- 240GB – 85,000/43,000 IOPS
- 480GB – 75,000/34,000 IOPS
- Power Consumption: 0.565 W (TYP) Idle / 1.795 W (TYP) Read / 2.025 (TYP) Write
- Storage Temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
- Operating Temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
- Weight: 115g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hrs
- Warranty/Support: Three-year warranty with free technical support