iRing Allows You To Control Music on Your iPhone with Hand Gestures
At present, controlling music playback on your iPhone, iPod or iPad requires either a remote control or tapping the screen. But the iRing from IK Multimedia is about add a new dimension to how users navigate audio controls.
The IK Multimedia iRing, as the name suggests, is a ring that can be worn on the finger of the user. The ring has identifiable markers on on both that that are picked up by the Apple device's front facing camera. Recognition algorithms have been built in to a compatible app and this allows the Apple device to register any input from user gestures.
Besides allowing control over music playback, the iRing can also be used by skilled musicians to activate sound effects and much more. A full list of IK Multimedia's iRing can be found below. The iRing is expected to be released is the first quarter of 2014.
- Ring controller, in tandem with either of two included apps featuring advanced motion-tracking technology, allows remote control of iOS app and app parameters using hand gestures
- Great for musicians and non-musicians alike
- Includes two identical, two-pattern reversible rings, allowing for numerous control combinations and the control up to 6 effect parameters simultaneously with two hands
- Rings are unique looking, light, comfortable and provide a universal fit
- Included iRing Music Maker app allows novices to make music using hand gestures
- Included iRing FX/Controller app lets musicians and DJs create custom MIDI control setups, plus add and control audio effects when used together with other music apps via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus