Images Hint At Two iPad 3 Models with Quad Core CPU
BGR got a few images that provide a glimpse of what to expect from Apple's hotly-anticipated third generation of the iPad. Captured with the help of a development and debug tool called iBoot, the images suggest two versions of the iPad 3: one with Wi-Fi and the other with both Wi-Fi and built-in GSM/CDMA/LTE. Most importantly, the images confirm that the iPad 3 will be powered by a quad-core A6 processor with model number S5L8945X.
This new development adds to the reports that we have gathered by far about the iPad 3:
- Thinner iPad 3 to Have a Low-Powered Retina Display?
- New iPad May Feature 14,000mAh Battery
- iPad 3 May Look Almost Identical to iPad 2
- Apple to Unveil iPad 3 in Early February
- iPad 3 to Have Sharper Screen and Fast Processor