HTC Singapore has announced its collaboration with the National University of Singapore Students’ Union (NUSSU) to issue a challenge – aptly named the “HTC – NUS Apprentice Challenge”, to encourage a greater spirit of entrepreneurship and creativity amongst undergraduates.
Interested students will be required to form 4-member teams to conceptualize and execute a comprehensive business plan - to sell HTC Wildfire S smartphones (HTC’s latest Android-based smartphone). They will be required to develop a business plan over the competition period and ten shortlisted teams will be required to present their business plans where a final five teams will be shortlisted to execute their proposed plans from 9 June to 31 July.
To kick-start the challenge, each finalist team will be given a ‘seeding fund’ of SGD$2,000 to complement and execute their plans. All five finalist teams will be rewarded with a HTC Wildfire S smartphone each and a 10% cut of their sales proceeds while the winning team will walk away with an additional SGD$4,000 cash as an added incentive.
• Call for Registration: mid- April – 20 May
• Briefing to teams: 23 May
• Development of business plans: 23 May – 30 May, 2359 hours
• Trial Selection Process: 31 May
• Shortlisting of teams: 1 June
• Presentation of plans: 3 June
• Selection of five finalist teams: 6 June
• Briefing at HTC Concept Store: 8 June
• Execution of plans: 9 June to 31 July
• Announcement of winning team at NUS Rag Day – 9 August