HP Helps Businesses Transition to its 'New Style of IT'
HP has announced the expansion of its HP Advisory Services consulting suite today, which is designed to help businesses and governments in Asia Pacific and Japan transition towards what HP is calling the "New Style of IT."
The New Style of IT focuses on four pillars: Big Data, Cloud, Mobility and Security. “HP Advisory Services provide the fastest path to solutions that enable the New Style of IT,” said Bruce Dahlgren, senior vice president, HP Enterprise Services Asia Pacific and Japan. “By leveraging our expertise across the entire IT environment, including innovative solutions for big data, cloud, mobility and security, HP Enterprise Services is helping organizations develop and execute a tailored transformation strategy with clear business impact.”
The new suite of HP Advisory Services will help businesses in the following areas:
- New Style of IT - Develop a transformation strategy and roadmap using an integrated approach with a governance framework to achieve defined business goals.
- Applications Modernization and Cloud - Review critical applications and develop an application modernization strategy designed to heighten innovation and accelerate business agility.
- Mobility - Realize the full potential of enterprise mobility across multiple technologies for secure, reliable access to information and applications anytime, from any location across a variety of platforms.
- Analytics - Assess the best approach to gain better insight into big data and deliver real-time, actionable analytics to improve business outcomes.
- Security - Review security posture to ensure a consistent, measurable and proactive approach to manage risk and compliance.
HP also shared a few insights into some of the clients it has already helped transition to the New Style of IT. Yodobashi Camera in Japan was one such client, whom HP helped shift from a strictly brick and mortar store into an online retailer by helping to transform its data center and reducing its IT costs, resulting in improved customer service levels and readying it for the e-commerce market.