Google Maps Navigation (Beta) Launches in Singapore
Google is launching the Google Maps Navigation (Beta) for phones running Android 2.2 and above. An Internet-connected GPS navigation system which provides turn-by-turn voice guided driving directions as a feature of Google Maps, it uses your phone's Internet connection to give you the latest maps and business information and live traffic updates, so you won't need to buy map upgrades or manually update your device when you can use the most recent data from Google Maps.
Google is also giving you the option view your route in different ways, including at street-level or from the air, in order to help you find what you need, to get where you need to go, and do what you need to do as quickly as possible.
Built from the ground up as an Internet-connected GPS system, here's what Google Maps Navigation (Beta) has to offer:-
- Street View. Visualise turns overlaid on Google's Street View imagery. Navigation automatically switches to Street View as you approach your destination so you can move around confidently in unfamiliar places.
- Satellite view. View your route overlaid on 3D satellite views with Google's high-resolution aerial imagery for more accurate and precise information about your journey.
- Search just like Google Maps. No need to know the address. You can type a landmark name (e.g. “Takashimaya”) or even a kind of a business (e.g. “Thai restaurant”), just like you would on Google, and easily find what you’re looking for.
- Traffic view and routing around traffic. An on-screen indicator glows green, yellow, or red based on the current traffic conditions along your route. A single touch on the indicator toggles a traffic view that shows the traffic ahead. And where traffic data is available, Navigation (Beta) also uses current traffic conditions to create the best routes to get you where you need to go, as quickly as possible.
- Search along route. Search for any kind of business along your route, or turn on popular layers such as restaurants, or parking.
To get Google Maps with Navigation (Beta), search for and download the newest release of 'Google Maps' in Google Play.