Gear Up for BF3 and RAGE with New GeForce Drivers
In anticipation of the upcoming Battlefield 3 beta, NVIDIA has just released a new 285.38 beta driver.
This new driver contains performance optimizations and fixes for the Battlefield 3 beta and RAGE. Compared to our previous 285.27 beta drivers, the new 285.38 driver improves performance by up to 38% in the Battlefield 3 beta. In addition, the 285.38 driver contains an updated SLI profile for the Battlefield 3 beta, allowing gamers with multiple GeForce cards to enjoy the most fluid frame rates possible.
Over the course of the past few months, EA has released some astonishing gameplay footage and screenshots from Battlefield 3. As a result, many gamers have been wondering if their PC will be capable of running the game in all its glory. To help these users out, we’ve released a GPU Analyzer tool that will detect the PC’s hardware specifications and determine if it meets the game’s requirements. We invite you to check out the GPU Analyzer and share it with your readers!
GeForce 285.38 highlights:
- Increases performance in Battlefield 3 by up to 38 percent.
- Improves overall stability and image quality in Battlefield 3.
- Adds or updates SLI profiles for Battlefield 3, Dead Island, Diablo III, Dragon Age 2, Need for Speed: The Run, and Saints Row: The Third.
- Fixed a performance regression in 285.27 beta running Crysis 2 (DirectX 9).
- Improves performance and compatibility in id Software’s upcoming title RAGE.
A WHQL-certified R285 driver will be released in October before the final release of Battlefield 3.