Fujitsu Introduces the Next Gen ScanSnap iX500 Desktop Scanner
Fujitsu has released the ScanSnap iX500 today. Built with the newly developed image processing engine "GI" which supports the latest Wi-Fi and USB 3.0 interfaces, this new generation desktop scanner comes with the ability to scan and save information directly from the scanner with their smartphones or tablets over the local Wi-Fi network, eliminating the use of a PC.
To improve scanning efficiency, the ScanSnap iX500 delivers a better paper feeding performance and faster scanning speed of 25 sheets per minute, a 25% increase in speed as compared to its predecessors the ScanSnap S1500 and S1500M. It also features some enhancements to its quick menu and other office productivity softwares such as CardMinder.
New key features:-
- Direct Scanning to Mobile Devices and New “GI” Imaging Processor Architecture
- High-speed Scanning of 25 sheets per minute (25% Faster as Compared with Previous Models)
- Improved Paper Feeding Performance and Documents Separation Method
Also offered are the following key enhancements to the software bundle:-
- Improved Quick Menu Interface
- Faster Creation of Searchable PDFs
- Improved Business Card Management Software “CardMinder”
With the launch of the ScanSnap iX500, there are other notable changes:-
- Launch of iX500 Deluxe Model with Rack2-Filer Smart V1.0 and Magic Desktop V1.0
The iX500 scanners bundled with the popular document filing software Rack2-Filer Smart V1.0 with
Magic Desktop V1.0 will be launched as “ScanSnap iX500 Deluxe”. The current scanners S1300i and S1100 bundled with the Rack2-Filer software will also be launched as “ScanSnap S1300i Deluxe” and “ScanSnap S1100 Deluxe”, respectively.
- Latest Version of “ScanSnap Connect Application”
Starting from today, the ScanSnap Connect Application will be available as a free download from Google Play and App Store.
Priced at S$779, the ScanSnap iX500 will be available in Singapore from 15 January 2013.