Fujifilm Debuts Newly Developed Hybrid Viewfinder Digital Camera FinePix X100
Fujifilm is pleased to announce the commercial release of the new FinePix X100, a high-grade digital camera featuring an APS-C CMOS sensor (12.3 megapixel), a Fujinon 23mm fixed focal length F2 lens and a newly developed Hybrid Viewfinder. The development of the FinePix X100 was first announced at the Photokina Exhibition in Cologne, Germany in September 2010, where it received an enthusiastic welcome from both professional photographers and camera fans.
FinePix X100 - The Main Features
1. World's First Hybrid Viewfinder
The new Hybrid Viewfinder has been developed to reintroduce users to this essential camera experience. It combines the window-type "bright frame" optical viewfinder found in rangefinder-type film cameras such as the classic 135-size or medium-format cameras, and the electronic viewfinder system incorporated in most compact or mirrorless digital cameras. By integrating a prism for the 1,440,000 dot LCD panel image on the viewing screen in the reverse-Galilean optical finder, the Hybrid Viewfinder can show both the shooting frame and a variety of shooting data. Of course, it can also be used as a high-quality electronic viewfinder to compose or playback shots. With this ability to instantly switch between optical and electronic viewfinder images with simple "one touch" control, the new Hybrid Viewfinder offers users expanded freedom in the composition and enjoyment of photography in a wide range of challenging shooting conditions.
2. High Performance 23mm F2 Fujinon Lens
- 23mm (135 equivalent: 35mm) F2 lens. 8 elements in 6 groups. One aspherical glass molded lens .
- The adoption of the non-collapsible lens structure with minimized lens length not only contributes to the compact size but also eliminates telescoping of the lens when the power is on. It's ready to start shooting the moment the user turns it on.
- Exploiting the merits of a fixed focal length lens, this lens delivers sharp resolution of the total image from the center to the corners. In addition, the lens features not only the large F2 aperture value, but also an optical architecture that maintains a high degree of resolution even when closed by 1 to 2 stops.
- The adoption of a 9-blade aperture diaphragm combined with the large F2 aperture and high-quality optics lets users take photos with a beautiful circular soft out-of-focus (bokeh) effect.
- Macro shooting as close as 10 cm lets users explore the fun and fascination of close-up photography.
- The built-in ND filter (equivalent f-stop reduction of 3) can be switched ON/OFF via simple in-camera settings.
3. 12.3 Megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor & EXR Processor
- The FinePix X100 features a custom CMOS high-performance sensor, internally optimized and developed exclusively for this model.
- Optimization of the angle-of-incidence in conjunction with the specially developed lens maximizes light gathering efficiency extending to the perimeter of the sensor for a sharper image with exceptional clarity.
- When shooting HD movies, the combination of the large-sized sensor and the large aperture F2 lens, lets users shoot a soft out-of-focus touch (bokeh) — a capability not available in conventional compact cameras.
- The ideal combination of a fixed focal length lens, high-sensitivity sensor and a high-performance image processor captures exceptionally high-quality images from low sensitivity to high sensitivity. In standard form, the planned ISO image is from 200 to 6400, but this can be expanded to include 100 and 12800.
- The newly developed EXR Processor takes EXR processing to new heights. Combined with the high-sensitivity sensor, the EXR Processor achieves the highest resolution, sensitivity and dynamic range ever produced by a FinePix camera for the ultimate in image quality every single shot.
- The high-speed CMOS sensor read-out and the EXR Processor‘s enhanced focusing system contributes to the high-speed AF performance, while the combination of the optical viewfinder and extremely low shutter time lag enhance the pleasure of every shot.
- Beautiful, high-quality design inspired by the classic beauty and feel of traditional film cameras.
- The top cover of the upper control deck and the bottom surface have been die-cast from magnesium alloy (semi-solid metal casting), contributing to a high-precision camera body.
- All dials and rings are precision milled from metal. Adoption of traditional 'manual' dials lets the user confirm the position of the settings without turning on the power.
- The ergonomics of the design offer the perfect balance between compact convenience and user-friendly functionality.
- The camera controls have been carefully thought out to give the photographer simple and speedy access to aperture, shutter speed, exposure compensation etc. Allowing maximum creative expression with minimum hassle and enabling to view setting even when the power of the camera is turned off. Custom modes can also be used for a one-touch change in settings.
- Premium quality is obvious in every detail. The chassis has been finished with high-quality leather-like accents and is a delight to use and a pleasure to hold.
5. Original Image Quality Enhancement Features
- In addition to Fujifilm's original Film Simulation Modes that give photos the distinctive look of Velvia, PROVIA and ASTIA color reversal film emulsions, X100 expands the scope of photo expression with Monochrome Mode that can be fine-tuned with R/Ye/G filter settings.
- Separate adjustment of shadow tones and highlight tones lets users reproduce the rich tonality of high-contrast subjects.
- Capturing the scene in RAW format is easy with just a press of the RAW Button on the back of the camera. Then whilst on the way to the next shooting location, users can use the built-in RAW Development function to "develop" the RAW data in-camera, and enjoy Fujifilm's original 'image creation' according to the camera's image quality settings.
6. Diverse Functions Stimulate the Desire to Capture Every Moment
- X100 offers users the choice between the 49-point auto EVF focus area or the 25-point OVF auto focus area as well as the selection of 5 different focus area sizes in EVF mode. Dependent on the needs of each scene, X100 offers easy "focusing by design".
- HD Movie lets users capture the action in 720p high-definition detail. Just like shooting still photos, users can shoot movies with aperture-priority AE and enjoy a soft, defocused background effect. Also the built-in HDMI port allows users to easily and directly connect X100 to high-definition TVs for showing stills and movies with plug-and-play ease.
- With the built-in Motion Panorama function, it is easy to capture 180° and 120° panoramic photos. enlargements and share the enjoyment of high-quality panoramic photography. Later users can print the results as pin-sharp A3-size
- X100 also features 4 types of bracketing functions: AE, ISO, Dynamic Range and Film Simulation. With one click of the shutter captures 3 bracketed images of the scene so the moment never escapes.
7. Premium Accessory Lineup
- Lens Hood and Adapter Ring
- TTL Flash