Expect Explosive Sounds with the V-MODA Crossfade M-80
Half the size of the rock-solid leading Crossfade LP, M-80 fuses Pure Noise Isolating Sound, Military-Level Durability and Timeless Materials
LOS ANGELES - V-MODA deploys its best-sounding metal masterpiece yet, the Crossfade M-80. Masterfully tuned by a legion of legendary musicians, producers and DJs, M-80 packs unique materials, professional acoustics, natural noise isolation, ultimate ergonomics and military-level ruggedness into a design 53% smaller than its now legendary, over-ear sibling, Crossfade LP. M-80’s first-class materials are virtually indestructible including a steel frame, STEELFLEX headband, interchangeable brushed metal shields, durable microfiber suede and replaceable memory foam cushions. The M-80 also comes fully loaded with two Kevlar-reinforced microphone cables for universal smartphone compatibility and an exoskeleton carrying case for added road warrior armor.
Pure Sound - Bespoke Fit
The nucleus of M-80 is its patent-pending and biggest-in-class 40mm Dual-Diaphragm Drivers that deliver multi-driver sound with the energy efficiency and consistent quality of a single driver. To recreate a pure balanced sound analogous to Vinyl, M-80 uses no batteries or artificial sound processing and instead relies on immortal acoustic techniques. The masterfully crafted V-PORT V3 provides natural noise isolation, life-like staging, vibrant bass, vivid mids and vivacious highs. By utilizing a 31-band EQ with select master musicians and producers, every step of the frequency response curve was finely sculpted.
The headphone also offers long-play comfort through a tailored, fashionable fit without unsightly gaps and minimal pressure on the head and ears, the result of years of ergonomic research. Since the fit is the sound, M-80 utilizes replaceable supple memory foam cushions, a bespoke STEELFLEX headband and tactile arm extensions. This tiny dancer can bend, move and twist like no other.
trueHERTZ - The Revelation of Headphones
Most headphone marketing is simply not telling the whole truth – headphones often break too fast and every unit sounds different due to quality control variance and individual fit. Upon this revelation, V-MODA invested heavily on a crusade to create a rugged product that provides the greatest sound for the greatest amount of people.
V-MODA’s trueHERTZ and materalEDGE initiative reveals the sound, materials, engineering and quality control processes shielding the ever-present dangers to defenseless headphones.
The M-80 is tested under strict MIL-STD-810G military testing and V-MODA’s even more stringent VMQA guidelines, of which a few are listed below.
MIL-STD-810G and V-MODA Quality Tests
- Kevlar reinforced detachable cables and 45-degree plug strain relief can each bend more than 1 million times, over 100x industry standards
- Survives 70+ drops on concrete from 6 feet, approximately three times the industry standard
- Headband can bend 10+ times flat, without breaking and retain its memory and shape
- Virtually inaudible sound variances across the spectrum of less than 2dB from unit to unit versus 10-30dB+ of inferior products
- MIL-STD-810G environmental tests including high and low temperatures, humidity, salt spray and UV exposure
- Stylish interchangeable ear shields
- Detachable Kevlar-reinforced cables with 24k gold-plated plug
- One 3.5mm fabric cable with a three-button remote control optimized for Apple products
- One 3.5mm fabric cable with a one-button microphone universally compatible with all audio, tablet and 3.5mm smartphone products including Android, BlackBerry and Windows 7
- Hard exoskeleton carrying case, ensuring headphones are protected in style
- Two-year V-MODA premier warranty
- Immortal Life Replacement Program – 50 percent off lifetime discount to replace consumer-damaged headphones
The Crossfade M-80 retails for $230.00 and is available today at V-MODA.com and select retailers worldwide including Radio Shack.