ESET has announced the release of its flagship products: ESET Smart Security 6 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6. The former provides all-in-one internet security, while the latter is a fast and powerful antivirus solution. This new generation provides even greater detection of infiltrations, improved cleaning, and faster scanning due to the updated engine.
On top of that, ESET Social Media Scanner App also comes with ESET Smart Security 6 as well as ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6, safeguarding against Facebook threats. Malware cleaning has also been improved, with a lot of focus placed on addressing challenging malware families, resulting in an overhaul that's more productive in malware removal. The Social Media Scanner protects social media users from malicious content, including their profile, wall, newsfeed, and private messages, even when the user is not logged in. An email notification will be sent if an infection is found. The app also helps the user's friends check their walls for potentially dangerous links.
The Anti-Theft feature helps locate missing notebooks and makes it possible to monitor activity on lost or stolen devices, while the introduction of a dedicated Anti-Phishing module offers complex protection against digital identity theft. Both Version 6 products have received the Windows 8 Certification and use the "Windows 8 Compatible" logo, and are available in the localized Microsoft’s Company Windows 8 Store.
• Anti-Theft – Automatically monitors a missing device and displays its position on a map based on visible Wi-Fi networks in range when it comes online.
• Anti-Phishing Module - Protects the user from attempts to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords or banking and credit card details by fake websites masquerading as trustworthy ones.
• Personal Firewall – Prevents unauthorized users accessing the computer and taking advantage of personal data. The users can go online without worries to shop, bank and use social media.
• Parental Control – Helps keep kids safe on the Internet with categories of sites to block depending on age.
• Idle-State Scanning – Performs in-depth scans when the computer is not used, aiding system performance and detecting potential inactive threats before they can cause any damage.
• ESET Social Media Scanner
• Antivirus and Antispyware
• Cloud-powered Scanning
• Scan While Downloading Files
If you're interested in ESET's Smart Security 6, you can register for a 60-day trial here.