Creative Introduces Sound Core3D
High-Performance Multi-Core Sound and Voice Processor Designed for Embedded PC Applications
SINGAPORE - Creative today announced the groundbreaking new Sound Core3D multi-core sound and voice processor. The Sound Core3D is a high-performance hardware audio processor, with high-quality analog playback and recording and low power consumption, all highly integrated in a low-cost solution. This unique solution is dynamic and versatile, enabling it to superbly support sound and voice algorithms. The Sound Core3D is available in two configurations: An HD audio configuration for PC products and an embedded configuration for consumer electronic products.
Designed by Creative’s in-house team of audio scientists and engineers, Sound Core3D is Creative’s first sound and voice processor to integrate an array of high-performance digital signal processor (DSP) cores and a high-quality HD audio codec on one chip, giving it tremendous versatility. Sound Core3D is engineered for low power consumption and high performance audio. It incorporates Creative’s innovative Quartet DSP with four independent processor cores, 6-channel 24-bit 102dB digital-to-analog converters, 4-channel 24-bits 101dB analog-to-digital converters, integrated headphone amplifier-out, digital microphone interface, S/PDIF inputs and outputs and general purpose inputs and outputs (GPIO) all in a compact 56-pin QFP package. Sound Core3D has been certified for Dolby Digital decode, which is available on a product-by-product basis depending upon specific customer implementation of the chip.
The Sound Core3D processors power DSP algorithms to drive CrystalVoice processing, THX TruStudio Pro playback enhancement and an additional advanced audio toolbox of algorithms.
CrystalVoice features innovative technologies that are specially designed to deliver crystal clear vocal fidelity in video conferencing, multiplayer games and online chats. CrystalVoice is comprised of:
- Acoustic Echo Cancellation - Eliminates echoes and enables whoever is speaking to listen to the other party clearly. Echoes are a common problem present in voice communication systems that disrupts conversations by making it difficult to hear the other party
- Focus - Beam-forming creates a zone and suppresses noise outside it to enable whoever is speaking to be heard with amazing clarity. Multiple microphones are used to focus, enhance voice, and eliminate sounds outside the zone
- Noise Reduction - Enables who is speaking to be heard clearly over background noise by constantly monitoring the environment and eliminate the unwanted noise that interferes with the conversation
- Smart Volume - Automatically adjusts the loudness of a voice to maintain a consistent volume level. This makes it convenient for the speaker to converse normally, regardless of whether the speaker is close to or far away from the microphone
- FX - Enables alteration of voice with a variety of effects, which can be used to enhance the tone of a voice, create interesting accents, or enable someone to sound like a completely different person
- EQ - Enables adjustment of the frequency response to compensate for poor microphone performance and improve the voice quality
THX TruStudio Pro is a suite of audio enhancements developed by the collaborative expertise of Creative and THX audio engineers to dramatically enhance games, music and movies.
- The THX TruStudio Pro Crystalizer enhances in-game sound, music and movies by restoring low and high end frequency curves lost to compression
- THX TruStudio Pro Surround delivers a 360 degree surround sound gaming experience so gamers can hear sounds clearly from the front, back, above and below
- THX TruStudio Pro Smart Volume addresses the problem of abrupt volume level changes in games, music and movies by intelligently applying gain and attenuation to deliver consistent volume levels
- THX TruStudio Pro Dialog Plus enhances voices in games and movies for clearer dialog, allowing listener to hear the dialog over the rest of sound track and over ambient noise in the listening environment
- THX TruStudio Pro Bass fills in the missing low frequency tones and give the extra impact for a better entertainment experience
Additional audio toolbox algorithms include a 10-band graphic EQ, bass management, speaker calibration, limiter, reverb and a pitch shifter.