Compuware Unveils a New Generation of APM for Mobile, Cloud, Enterprise and Streaming Applications
Compuware presents a new gen of APM (application performance management) for mobile, cloud, enterprise, and streaming applications.
The Compuware APM Spring 2012 Platform Release introduces a new gen of APM with four industry-first innovations across its dynaTrace and Gomez product brands that help customers optimize the performance and value of their business-critical applications. This new release represents the next phase in Compuware’s unified APM strategy. It is the first release of the new Compuware APM brand with Gomez and dynaTrace as major sub brands within it.
Read on for the full press release.
Compuware APM Spring Release Simplifies Edge Complexity, Reduces Time-to-Value and Embraces Today’s Most Advanced Dynamic Cloud and Big Data Applications
SINGAPORE – Compuware Corporation today announced a major new release of its integrated application performance management (APM) solution, the Compuware APM platform. The Compuware APM Spring 2012 Platform Release introduces a new generation of APM with four industry-first innovations across its dynaTrace and Gomez product brands that help customers optimize the performance and value of their business-critical applications.
This new release represents the next phase in Compuware’s unified APM strategy. It is the first release of the new Compuware APM brand with Gomez and dynaTrace as major sub brands within it.
Mobile computing, the cloud and streaming are all rapidly growing areas, adding to the complexity and challenge of maintaining application performance to grow revenue, protect brand reputation and decrease costs. Managing this challenge requires visibility and deep-dive analytics across the entire application delivery chain to rapidly find and fix problems that may occur in the data center, cloud or the end user’s device. At the same time, organizations are challenged to deliver applications with more features, in shorter cycles and with fewer resources than ever before.
Compuware’s Spring 2012 Release tackles these challenges with a new generation of APM innovations that address:
Complexity at the Edge
Compuware User Experience Management (UEM) simplifies performance management at the edge of the internet, enabling customers to optimize end-user experience and decrease abandonment through:
• Comprehensive UEM and performance analytics for mobile applications and browser applications.
• Deep transaction visibility with embedded PurePath technology for unrivaled insight into application execution at the edge for all browsers and device types, including code-level details, incidents and visit histories.
• Visibility into all aspects of mobile application performance including user actions in the mobile application.
• The most comprehensive and actionable synthetic streaming media capabilities.
• Flexible UEM deployment options customers can choose either SaaS or on-premises enterprise.
Converged Network and Application Performance
Compuware APM combines best-in-class application and network performance management to tackle the increasing challenges of complex data centers, resulting in reduced mean-time-to-resolve (MTTR), slashed performance management costs and simplified deployments.
• Out-of-the-box dashboards provide a single view of application and network performance.
• Single point of instrumentation delivers network diagnostics in context of application performance.
• Integrated synthetic monitoring enables proactive monitoring for web and non-web applications.
• Auto-correlated code-level analysis provides drill-down to application root cause in seconds via fully integrated dynaTrace PurePath analysis.
• New pricing and entry-level offerings enable single application and project-based deployments, with seamless extensibility into a comprehensive APM solution.
Enterprise APM for Cloud and Big Data Applications
Compuware dynaTrace Enterprise delivers the industry’s first solution to simplify performance optimization, operation and management of modern, dynamic applications.
• The industry’s first deep transaction management solution for dynamic cloud and big data applications.
• Unprecedented visibility into both Cassandra NoSQL and Hadoop Map/Reduce Big Data environments.
• Auto-discovery, auto-adaptive PurePath instrumentation enabling the deepest cloud application visibility even for multi-cloud (i.e. vCloud + EC2 and/or Azure) and hybrid cloud environments.
Enhanced Architecture and Packaging for Faster Time-to-Value and Extreme Scalability
Major architectural enhancements significantly reduce time-to-value and support new pricing that allows IT teams to easily start with a single application and cost-effectively scale to enterprise-wide deployments.
• Faster time-to-value with out-of-the-box zero configuration dashboards and smarter baselining
based on behavioral analytics.
• New pricing and entry-level offerings enable single application and project-based deployments,
with seamless extensibility into a comprehensive APM solution.