Canon Unveils Update to Its EOS Movie Plugin-E1
Canon today unveiled the latest update to its free EOS MOVIE PLUGIN-E1 for non-linear professional editing software Final Cut Pro V1.2, enabling direct high-speed conversion of MOV- formatted EOS movie files to the popular ProRes editing video codec.
While Canon had revolutionalised television and independent film production by introducing DSLRs with HD video shooting capabilities, the H.264/MPEG-4 codec with which EOS MOV files were recorded led to a slower editing process. Now, the ability to convert EOS MOV files to the ProRes format allows for dramatic improvements in the speed of editing and greater control over picture quality, especially when it comes to adding video effects and colour correction. The EOS MOVIE PLUGIN–E1 also enables essential data like time codes and show reels to be included for a streamlined editing process.
Benefits of the EOS MOVIE PLUGIN-E1
With the new update, operating procedures in post-production are greatly reduced for efficiency, as fewer clicks are necessary. In addition, less time is needed since only the required clip length needs to be extracted for conversion.
|Without EOS MOVIE PLUGIN-E1
||With EOS MOVIE PLUGIN-E1
- EOS MOV files need to be converted to ProRes format via Compressor engine
- Every clip’s time code starts at 00:00:00:00
- Clip meta data not accessible via Final Cut Pro
- MOV files only transferable from folders in the conventional DCIM structure
- EOS MOV files accessed via Log & Transfer.
- Clips converted to ProRes format via dedicated conversion engine at up to 3x faster than via Compressor
- Time Code and Reel Name accessible and modifiable via Item Properties to ensure each clip’s unique identity
- Clip meta data from original EOS MOV files are accessible, such as ISO, lens, aperture, focal length, camera model & camera serial number
- Greater flexibility by allowing MOV files to be transferred from any folder
Essential EOS MOVIE PLUGIN-E1 Features:
- Compatible with Final Cut Pro 6.0.6/7.0.2 and later (Intel Macs only)
- Supports 1920 x 1080 at 30, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps and 1280 x 720 at 59.94 and 50fps.
- Converts files EOS MOV files to a selection of:
- Apple ProRes 4444
- Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
- Apple ProRes 422
- Apple ProRes 422 (LT)
- Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy)
- Apple Intermediate Codec Apple