Canon EOS 7D DSLR Gets Firmware Update!
Canon has announced the availability of a new firmware update for its EOS 7D DLSR.
With Version 2.0.0, the EOS 7D is capable of capturing more continuous shots before its buffer is filled. Also, the camera will have the ability to read information from the GP-E2 EOS accessory and append images with the current location's position.
On top of that, users will get to enjoy new software features including (but not limited to) the ability to set the maximum ISO speed to be used in ISO Auto mode, In-camera RAW processing to save JPEG images, the Image rating function, and improved scrolling of magnified images.
The firmware will be available for download from the Canon website starting Aug 2012.
Read on for the full press release.
Version 2.0.0 brings higher maximum burst during continuous shooting, GPS Receiver support and the best of Canon’s latest software features to the EOS 7D
Singapore – Canon Singapore today announced the availability of a new firmware update for the EOS 7D DLSR. The update, Version 2.0.0, dramatically improves the camera’s performance with higher maximum burst capacity in continuous shooting mode, provides support for the GP-E2 GPS Receiver accessory and adds a host of Canon’s latest software features. The firmware will be available for download from the Canon website from August 2012.
Improved burst capacity in continuous shooting mode
With Version 2.0.0, the EOS 7D is able to capture a higher number of continuous shots before its buffer is filled. Capacity has been improved from the current RAW capacity of 15 shots to 25, and the current RAW+JPEG (Large/Fine) capacity of 6 shots to 17. This expands the range of use when shooting moving objects, for example, and allows users to take full advantage of the high speed burst performance of the EOS 7D.
Support for the GP-E2 GPS Receiver (sold separately)
An EOS 7D equipped with Version 2.0.0 will be able to read information from the GP-E2 EOS accessory (released in April 2012), and append images with the current location’s position (longitude, latitude, elevation). A time zone setting function automatically adjusts the time to the calculated difference with the Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) according to the country set.
Other new features
Users are also able to enjoy the following new features in Version 2.0.0:
- Ability to set the maximum ISO speed to be used in ISO Auto mode
- In-camera RAW processing to save JPEG images, allowing users who prefer recording RAW images to enjoy the benefits of direct printing
- Image rating function, to add one of five rating marks to images
- JPEG resize function, to adjust recorded images to a more suitable size as necessary
- Quick Control functions to protect and rate images, and perform 7 types of settings from the playback screen, allowing for optimized photography operation while on-location
- Manual sound recording level function, where users can select 1 of 64 sound recording levels apart from automatic adjustment
- Manual file name setting options
- Improved scrolling speed of magnified images, bring improved operation when checking focus after shooting
Version 2.0.0 of the EOS 7D firmware will be available for download from the Canon website from the beginning of August, 2012.