ASUS Launches DirectCU II Graphics Cards with Dual Fan Cooling Design
ASUS has launched an entire range of DirectCU II-enhanced graphics cards that include the latest technologies from both AMD and NVIDIA GPU rosters. On the AMD side, ASUS offers the HD 6970 and HD 6950 graphics cards with DirectCU II while for NVIDIA, the GTX 580, GTX 570 and new GTX 560 Ti all ship with the advanced cooling technology.
Based on ASUS DirectCU, which uses copper heat pipes in direct contact with the GPU core for up to 20% cooler performance, DirectCU II adds a custom cooler that uses twin 100mm fans for a massive 600% increase in airflow on HD 6970, HD 6950, GTX 580, and GTX 570 DirectCU II cards. ASUS has also launched the GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP graphics card with dual 80mm fans for the best performance in its segment through doubled air power.
The new DirectCU II graphics cards also include exclusive ASUS Super Alloy Power technology, which uses a unique alloy formula in power components such as chokes, capacitors, POSCAPs and MOSFETs to ensure a 15% performance boost, 35°C cooler operation and 2.5 times longer lifespan. In addition, ASUS overvolting utility Voltage Tweak allows gamers to realize the full potential of their PC’s graphics performance with an easy to use and intuitive user interface.
The newly-arrived GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II graphics card from ASUS uses specially-selected TOP GPUs clocked at 900MHz by default, representing a huge 80MHz overclock over reference. This indulges hardcore overclocking demands out of the box, something gamers around the world eagerly anticipate.
- ASUS exclusive cooling technology DirectCU has pioneered the use of 100% copper heat pipes that come in direct contact with the GPU core, removing the metal shielding usually used between the core and the cooler in traditional graphics card designs. Compared to reference graphics cards, DirectCU models have shown up to 20% lower temperatures under load.
- New DirectCU II technology is an evolution of the DirectCU concept. In addition to the copper heat pipes, it includes a custom cooler fitted with two 80mm or 100mm sound-dampened fans. Unlike other graphics card cooling systems that sacrifice fan size and airflow to maintain quiet operation, the quality engineering of DirectCU II technology makes it capable of deploying two large fans that still remain quiet and unobtrusive. Testing has shown DirectCU II results in up to 600% greater airflow and up to 20% cooler operation than respective reference designs. This massive increase in cooling translates into an immediate performance gain, as the card can take on heavier loads. Users can also overclock the hardware further thanks to higher tolerances and lower temperatures.
- Super Alloy Power technology is based on proprietary research and development of a unique alloy formula in critical power delivery components. Used in chokes, capacitors, POSCAPs and MOSFETs, Super Alloy Power technology boosts graphics card performance by 15%, lowers operating temperatures by 35°C, and lengthens lifespan by 2.5 times when compared to reference designs. With added POSCAPs providing the most efficient power supply possible, DirectCU II graphics cards gain 28% greater stability during overclocking.
- All of the new DirectCU II graphics cards cater to the needs of power users wishing to experiment with radical overclocking and performance enhancement. Each ships with exclusive overvolting utility Voltage Tweak, which allows modification of the card’s power delivery for up to 50% faster clock speeds.
- The ASUS GTX 560 Ti DirectCU II TOP features specially-selected and factory overclocked cores for maximized performance at 900MHz, an 80MHz gain over generic core clock speeds, which guarantees premium overclocking experiences for gamers.
|Model||ENGTX580 DCII/2DIS/1536MD||ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280MD||ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5||ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5||EAH6970 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5||EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5|
|Graphics engine||NVIDIA GeForce
GTX 560 Ti
GTX 560 Ti
Radeon HD 6970
Radeon HD 6950
|Video memory||1536MB GDDR5||1280MB GDDR5||1GB GDDR5||1GB GDDR5||2GB GDDR5|
|CUDA cores/ Stream processors||512||512||384||384||1536||1408|
|Memory Clock||4008MHz (1002MHz GDDR5)||3800MHz (950MHz GDDR5)||4200MHz (1050MHz GDDR5)||4000MHz (1000MHz GDDR5)||5500MHz (1375MHz GDDR5)||5000MHz (1250MHz GDDR5)|
|HDMI output||HDMI x1||HDMI x1||Mini HDMI x1||Mini HDMI x1||x1 via DVI-to-HDMI adapter|
|Dimensions||11.5-inch x 5.0-inch x 2.0-inch||9.0-inch x 4.4-inch x 1.58-inch||9.0-inch x 4.4-inch x 1.58-inch||9.0-inch x 4.4-inch x 1.58-inch||11.5-inch x 5.0-inch x 2.0-inch||11.5-inch x 5.0-inch x 2.0-inch|