Amazon and Google Fight to be Cheaper on the Cloud

Amazon and Google Fight to be Cheaper on the Cloud

This article is contributed by Siddharth Saoji.

There is a price war in progress between technology titans, Amazon and Google on their cloud based service offerings. Google confirmed on its official blog that it is lowering its cloud storage pricing by an additional 10 percent on top of the over 20 percent cut it had revealed recently. That brings the the total reduction in pricing to over 30%. This move comes in the wake of Amazon bringing down prices for their Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3) by 24-27 percent.

Image Source: Cloud Computing World

Cloud services companies provide on demand computing resources to its users over the internet. This means that customers can add something like storage capacity to their information systems whenever they want, without worrying about the investment on hardware acquisition and maintenance. Amazon, Google and other big players like Microsoft (Azure) are eager to take advantage of the growing demand in the cloud-computing space and are fiercely competing to gain the bigger market share.

For details on Google's cloud storage pricing information, do check their official blog linked below.

Sources: CNET, Official Google Enterprise Blog

All News Categories

News for Past 12 Months

Subscribe to HWZ Here!

Subscribe now to receive latest tech news, articles and promotions straight to your inbox!
By signing up, you indicate that you have read and agreed to the and .

Obsessed with technology?
Subscribe to the latest tech news as well as exciting promotions from us and our partners!
By subscribing, you indicate that you have read & understood the SPH's Privacy Policy and PDPA Statement.