All New TomTom GO Puts Drivers Back on the Map
TomTom has launched the all new TomTom GO, with a completely re-designed PND (Portable Navigation Device), offering drivers a brand new Interactive Map, Lifetime TomTom traffic, and 3D Maps.
Drivers can easily access the travel information they need via a high-resolution, capacitive touch screen. A brand new Interactive Map responds and scales to touch. Drivers can simply zoom in and out to find and explore places on the map with their fingertips and tap on the map to get an instant route to a destination.
Lifetime TomTom Traffic
The new TomTom GO series comes with Lifetime TomTom Traffic. TomTom’s traffic information pinpoints exactly where delays start and end, helping drivers to get to their destinations faster. Drivers can connect to TomTom Traffic via Smartphone Connected. Smartphone Connected devices are ready to receive TomTom Traffic by connecting to a smartphone via BlueTooth. Smartphone Connected uses an existing smartphone data plan to access TomTom Traffic, as well as other services like TomTom Speed Cameras.
Buildings and landmarks are brought to life in stunning 3D, so that drivers always know exactly where they are. The new TomTom GO range has a simplified product line-up. Customers can select their preferred screen size, choosing from a 5- or 6-inch model.
- Route Bar: Essential traffic and travel information at a glance. The Route Bar shows precise traffic and speed camera information on the road ahead.
- Quick Search: Drivers can find their destination faster with intuitive search results. Quick Search starts finding destinations as soon as the driver starts typing.
- My Places: Drivers can see their favourite locations on the map and personalise their map with My Places. This makes it easier to find and navigate to favourite locations again and again.
- Lifetime Maps: Always drive with the latest map. For the life of the product, drivers can download four or more full updates of the map onto the device, every year. Drivers receive all updates to the road network, addresses and Points of Interest.
- Speed Cameras (three month trial): Drivers can drive in a more relaxed way, receiving alerts for speed cameras ahead. These timely warnings increase drivers’ awareness of local speed limits and help to save money on speeding fines. As part of TomTom’s global driving community, you’ll benefit from an advanced and highly accurate warning service.