Acronis Ships Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
New product family for integrated disaster recovery and data protection
SINGAPORE - Acronis today announced the general availability of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11. The new product which allows organizations to simplify their disaster recovery and data protection needs is now available to purchase from Acronis channel partners.
Built upon Acronis’ established disk imaging technology, the business product family provides the market’s first affordable solution for integrated disaster recovery and data protection in one. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 offers both a data-centric and a system-centric view of physical and virtual machines as well as providing secure offsite storage; this allows IT managers to simplify their operations from one unified platform, therefore saving costs.
New key features include:
- Disaster Recovery and Data Protection in one solution
- System-centric approach to restore all data, files, applications and operating systems through disk imaging technology for fast restoration
- Data-centric approach allowing IT managers to recover, manage and search for individual files from a backup no matter where they’re located in the backup file archive
- Support for physical, virtual and cloud environments
- One of the few solutions available where IT managers can back up both physical and virtual environments, plus with Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Online, files and full system images can be stored securely in the cloud
- New Virtualization features
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition supports an unlimited number of migrations to and from the host machine
- Place an agent into the virtual machine and manage it exactly as you would manage a physical machine; and/or use a single host-based agent for VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V to manage all virtual machines on a host at once
- Simultaneous backups of virtual machines reduce virtual backup windows
- Ease of management
- Disaster Recovery Plans provide step-by-step instructions enabling even non-IT personnel to recover systems
Pricing & Availability
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 is available now from Acronis channel partners. Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server version is at USD1,399. Support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft SQL Server will be coming at a later date.